Newagen Seaside Inn, Southport Maine

Old Jun 12th, 2020, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newagen Seaside Inn, Southport Maine

Hello,

Has anyone stayed at this inn? I've already reserved one night there because a got a good deal on a voucher from Travelzoo. But they can give me the same rate for a 2nd night. Is this place good for 2 nights? Or is it more of just a 1 night place. Are a lot of things nearby to see & do? Also, how is the Inn itself. I've seen some reviews about noise from thin walls or connecting rooms. I made sure to reserve a non-connecting room.

Thank you
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 07:02 AM
J62

I've never stayed at that inn so can't comment about rooms. Southport is not the kind of place you go for one night. That inn is a the tip of a peninsula, and it takes a long time to get there from anywhere. It's the kind of place you go for a relaxing several day stay seaside, not to use as a base to come and go. I've ridden my bike around that peninusla numerous times and it sort of in the middle of nowhere. That's good if you want to relax. From the inn it's about 15-20min to the nearest town, Boothbay Harbor.
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 09:14 AM

I wanted to be sure you were aware that only ME residents and residents of VT and NH can visit Maine without quarantine or negative COVID tests.
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vttraveler
I wanted to be sure you were aware that only ME residents and residents of VT and NH can visit Maine without quarantine or negative COVID tests.
yes I am aware of the covid rules but hoping they will change by my planned visit on 8/15/20. They took my reservation hoping things will be okay by then. But thank you!
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 02:41 AM

It is interesting that Vermonters are allowed because that is one of the DARK DARK red states where Covid is increasing a the moment.
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 03:16 AM
J62

For VT #s you need to look past the colors to the actual #'s. Yes, VT had a several hundred % increase as May moved into June. The #'s went from 2-3 new cases/day for the entire state, up to the 7-10 range.https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new...states/vermont
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 04:32 AM

When you say VT is one of the "DARK DARK red states" I don't know what data you are looking at. There are many, many maps. Unfortunately, the number of new cases in VT has gone up recently and the map you are looking at reflects that. Vt had very low numbers of cases statewide for a long time. in the past two weeks there has been a cluster of new cases in Winooski, north of Burlington, and in surrounding towns . The Health Dept describes it as involving an extended "social network" and has done a lot of contact tracing, education and testing.
The state is also advising anyone who took part in any of the recent protests to get tested.

The total VT numbers are still low overall and very low in most parts of the state.

The southeastern counties in New Hampshire nearest Boston and the area around Portland, ME also have fairly high numbers of cases.
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 07:58 AM

I'm not laying blame anywhere. This is an unprecedented time we are living in. And I'm sure that numbers are low overall which is GREAT. And Maine has a good idea in limiting people coming in.

Last edited by Moderator1; Jun 13th, 2020 at 08:49 AM. Reason: deleted political comment not related to the topic.
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Can we please keep this thread about the inn per my question ?
Thank you!

Last edited by Moderator1; Jun 13th, 2020 at 08:50 AM. Reason: deleted reference to a deleted comment
Old Jun 14th, 2020, 07:59 AM

Your inn sounds really nice. I'd stay another day personally, if I was traveliing
Old Jun 14th, 2020, 01:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately, covid cases in Maine are projected to spark sharply over the next 3 months rather than decline. The rules could get much stricter by the first of August.
Old Jun 14th, 2020, 02:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I saw that deal on travel zoo. Great deal, stay two nights and relax.