New York this coming weekend....help!!!!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:25 PM
lori

New York this coming weekend....help!!!!

My daughter has talked me in to accompanying her next weekend to a ballet audition. We'll be there Friday-Monday. What are things not to miss? Any trendy restaurant suggestions?

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Ted

My advice is to read the many threads on this board adressing your questions. In the "subject search" area, click NEW YORK and many threads will appear on the left. Good luck and Enjoy NYC!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Eugene

Lori,

You will have to be more specific or few people will respond to your message. What kind of entertainment are you looking for? What's your idea of a "trendy" restaurant and what kind of food do you like, etc?

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Danna

Go to Chowhound.com Manhattan message board for lots of serious foodies opining on NY restaurant scene.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Bob Chisholm

if you're driving, the best western president hotel is a great location--small rooms, but clean--48th st and 8th ave--parking @$20/day available to bw pres. guests at the days inn (rt around the corner)--another good place is the milford plaza on 8th ave around 44th st--take a big apple tour one day; try to get tickets to a show at the 1/2 priced kiosk in times sq.--walking and shopping can take a full day--enjoy!