New York over the 4th

Jun 23rd, 2001, 12:18 PM
gary

New York over the 4th

Just got a great airfare to NYC the week of the fourth. Was there 2 yrs ago and had a great time. Is there a big fireworks show on the 4th? What would tickets for Les Mis cost at the TKS booth? Is lunch on Tavern on the Green worth the effort? Will be staying in the west mid-town area.

Jun 23rd, 2001, 12:39 PM
L

Go to http://www.ny.com/holiday/july4/ for info on the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks display. AS to the Les Mis tickets at TKTS, I'm not positive,but they should be approx. $45, I think. Can't answer about Tavern on the Green, other than what I've heard from others..that the food isn't spectacular but the atmosphere is nice, particularly at night, with all the little white lights on.

Jun 23rd, 2001, 05:30 PM
nyer

New York Times just re-reviewed Tavern on the Green last week(?) and called it something like "an 'Olive Garden' in Central Park" ) Search www.nytimes.com
for details

Jun 23rd, 2001, 05:56 PM
Howard

L is correct about the price of tickets for Les Miz. Actually, that's a great week for getting tickets at TKTS. Many shows are running special discout offers for that week only.
Of the three criteria for a good restaurant (food, ambiance and service), only ambiance gets a passing grade at Tavern on the Green.

Search this Thread