The Story ...
Last summer, DH proposed that we take a trip to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was decided that New York City in April would be the perfect place to mark this milestone birthday. Well, it's certainly better than a large cake with many candles!
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order!
Number 10: The Warwick New York Hotel - Avenue of the Americas at 65 West 54th Street (www.warwickhotels.com)
Attractive public areas with old-world details. Excellent customer service from the front desk, concierge, restaurant & lounge - professional, helpful, friendly.
Our room was located on the 23rd floor. It was a spacious, light-filled room with a king-sized bed and a comfortable sitting area. It had a wrap-around stone terrace with views up & down West 54th Street! We could walk out in the morning to assess the weather and again in the evening to gaze at the amazing city views. If the weather had been warmer, it would have been lovely to sit on the terrace and enjoy a drink! We could hear very little street noise from the 23rd floor. The occasional siren was just enough to remind us that we were in NYC where life goes on all around us!
We selected the Warwick's 'Bed & Breakfast' plan. Breakfast in Murals on 54th consisted of a buffet of cereals, baked goods, fruit, yoghurt, cold cuts & cheeses, hot items such as French toast, eggs, sausage & bacon. Such variety! Fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee were served at the table! It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, we certainly had a good start to each morning!
The Warwick was well-situated for many of the sights we planned to see. Two subway stations were located about 3 blocks away from the hotel. Needless to say, we put our walking shoes to the test for the entire week!
Next: Number 9 - iconic buildings & landmarks ...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1~800~681:7208 installations Contact CANON Tec*h care
- 2 RV Grand Canyon
- 3 NASHVILLE AND MEMPHIS..A FEW QUESTIONS
- 4 Oklahoma City to El Paso
- 5 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 6 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 7 Lunch on the North Shore Kauai
- 8 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 9 Las Vegas TR
- 10 Where would you go in March?
- 11 10 day California Trip in July
- 12 I need help
- 13 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 14 New York in 5 days
- 15 Newport Beach restaurants
- 16 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 17 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 18 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 19 Expedia
- 20 Italian Provisions
- 21 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 22 girls trip / oregon
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 25 Vacations in New Orleans
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order! ( April 20-27, 2013)
The Story ...