Reload this Page >

New York City Hotel Near Times Square

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:12 AM
sally

My niece and friends will be in New York City for 3 nights mid-September. She is looking for a place near Times Square and needs a suite or 2 rooms joining (2 women, 1 man going). Any suggestions for a good place under $200 a night? Thanks !

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:20 AM
roo

Try the Doubletree but remember for that price I doubt you could get a suite; ajoining rooms they charge you for each room.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Liz

We stayed at the Broadway Inn last January. It might work for you:
www.broadwayinn.com

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:59 AM
ILive

The Avalon Hotel has suites, a bedroom with 2 double bed and a pull out sofa bed in a separate living area. It is not in Times Square, but not too far and in a decent, convenient and much quieter area (32nd ST & 5th Av). It also includes a continental breakfast. I had 3 visitors stay there in Decemeber and they were very pleased.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Maria

Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square. It's owned by Marriott. They also have a restaurant called Foley's Fish house with a great view of Times Square. It seems the weekend is around 219 and weekday 199.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Statia

I recently stayed at Hotel Stanford in Little Korea (about ten blocks south of Times Square on 32nd off Broadway). We had a suite (2 full beds, pull-out sofa in living area, fridge) for $150 per night. It was a very comfortable room with plenty of space by NYC standards.

You can check their website for rates on the dates you're looking for. It's a good location for both Times Square and Lower Manhattan.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Postal

The Doubletree gives you two small rooms but it's full of kids and the hotel is a little rundown. My friend recently stayed there for $199 and I was surprised at how small the rooms were.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:24 AM
Jen

Try the Comfort Inn Midtown, it's on 46th just a block west of Times Square, very convenient but no a relatively quiet block. Good continental breakfast. No suites (AFAIK) but they might have connecting rooms. If not them, try others in the Apple Core group, they are economical and recently renovated.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 03:03 AM
Suzy

Agree with Jen, except that Comfort Inn Midtown is a block EAST of Times Square.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Dave

We stayed at the Renaissance at 47th st. It was good. We got a good rate at Quickbook, and I believe that rates start below $200.