Reload this Page >

New Planetarium Show and Baseball Exhibit at NY's Museum of Natural History

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Howard

For those living in or coming to NYC: A new planetarium show--"Worlds of Life: The Biological Universe"--debuted this month at the Rose Center at the museum, "exploring the question of whether life exists beyond our world.
Then, late next month, a "Baseball in America" exhibit, featuring over 500 items from the Baseball Hall of Fame, will open.

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 04:14 AM
Susan

Howard, I've been looking into this new show - sounds wonderful! Do you know if there are any discounts for the Natural History Museum? I looked into Citypass, which was great, but a lot of the museums on the pass are ones that we don't plan on visiting this trip, so for us, the pass doesn't make sense. Also, from looking at the museum's website, am I correct to assume you pay a base admission and then add on the special exhibits you want to see? I'm not trying to be cheap, but there several of us going (all adults) and I'd like to save if we can money if we can. Thanks for you help!

Old Feb 27th, 2002, 08:42 PM
patty

Yes, there's additional admission charges for special exhibitions & programs. To see the baseball exhibition (which I'm really looking forward to), it'll cost $15 for an adult but that includes Museum admission which is usually $10.

And sorry but I don't know about discounts at AMNH - I'll post here if I do though.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Howard

Sorry, Susan, but I can't pass along any more info than Patty has already given. Obviously, the City Pass is only worthwhile if you use enough of its tickets/coupons. Since I am a member of the AMNH, I have never looked into any special deals.
To me, however, I think the $15 per person (I belive it's less for children) is well worth it for what you see at the museum. And, if the new planetarium show is anything near the quality of the first one, again it'll be time well spent.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 05:37 AM
Steve

Is there still live jazz on Fridays?

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 09:47 AM
patty

The live jazz performances are still on Friday nights - for free! - at the Rose Center.

And Howard, I'm a member too although I've only used it for admission purposes and have never gone to the lectures. Have you? Some of the baseball ones sound interesting.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Howard

No, Patty, I haven't, but since my family includes some Yankee fanatics, I've a feeling I'll be going to some!