New Orleans Swamp/Mansion Tours

Jan 5th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Mark Anderson

New Orleans Swamp/Mansion Tours

I have read references to 1/2 day mansion tour and 1/2 day swamp tour. Does anyone have information on this (company names, web sites, phone #)?

Thanks,
Mark

Jan 5th, 2003, 06:49 PM
HuskerTexan

Try airboatadventures.com

I haven't been on their tour. However, I think they are the only tour group that does Evergreen Planatation. That plantation area looks so great from the road, I regret not going there. I did Laura Plantation which was good and Oak Alley which was OK. Just depends upon what you are looking for. But Plantation, from the highway just looks like a knock out!

Jan 6th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Cindy

We've always used Cypress Swamp Tours and liked them, but have read that there is a combination tour that includes mansions and a swamp. Maybe somebody else will add that information.

Jan 6th, 2003, 11:09 AM
J Correa

We took a plantation tour to Laura and Oak Alley through Spinato Tours which we really enjoyed. Tours by Isabelle is very similar. Like HuskerTexan, I was impressed with Laura Plantation and thought Oak Alley was ok. I am a fan of Anne Rice and part of Interview with a Vampire was filmed at Oak Alley, so I really wanted to see if for that reason. I have heard that Evergreen is a very interesting plantation and they do a good job of presenting the whole plantation, including slave quarters rather than just the big house.

Jan 6th, 2003, 11:10 AM
J Correa

Also, about the web addresses, phone numbers, and so on - just do a search on Yahoo or something for the company names - you'll find them.