New Orleans - Ritz Carlton or Windsor Court?

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 08:26 AM
Kimberly

New Orleans - Ritz Carlton or Windsor Court?

I am planning a trip for my anniversary to New Orleans and need help with a hotel. I am considering the Ritz Carlton or the Windsor Court - any feedback? Also, I think the Ritz only has an indoor pool and the Windsor Court has an outdoor pool - will I be disapointed if I don't have an outdoor pool available? We are going over memorial weekend.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 08:34 AM
John

The Windsor Court is very nice with large suites but is not in the Quarter and has zero New Orleans "flavor." The new Ritz is in the Quarter and is quite elegant but has gotten mixed reviews, particularly about the smallish rooms. Overall, I'd choose the Windsor although both are pretty nice hotels.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 09:08 AM
susan

Is there any reason why you want to select between these two hotels? As John said, the Ritz has gotten VERY mixed reviews...lots of complaints about the pool and room size. My husband and I stayed at the Windsor Court several years ago and although the rooms were large and lovely, we may as well have been in another state. We won't stay there again.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Frank

The Windsor is the standard by which many top hotels in New Orleans are judged. You can't go wrong staying there. Its location, a few short blocks from the Fr.Quarter is,in my opinion, a plus...providing accessibility to the French Quarter without the need to stay within the Quarter itself.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Kimberly

Thank you for the responses so far - I am not dead set on staying at either of these two hotels, I just thought as I have never been there before, these would be "safe" bets. Is there another hotel anyone can suggest that would be better?

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 12:25 PM
Sherrie

If you haven't decided, check out the Fairmont (they have a website). I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there last year. It's one block from Bourbon street on Canal. I found a deal on www.roomfinders.com, but I figure it's often pricey.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Joe

Kimberly, take my word for it, if you're looking for a 'special' experience, the Fairmont and Windsor Court are in completely different leagues. The WC is not far from the FQ (which is a bonus in my opinion, that it's beyond the borders). The Fairmont is OK but is a second-tier property. Wish I could comment on the RC, but I've not stayed there.