Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

New Orleans Hotel Help - Saint Ann-Marie Antoinette or others ?

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 04:45 PM
Jim

Anyone know anything about the Saint Ann-Marie Hotel in the French Quarter?

Thanks, Jim

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 12:10 PM
Janine

Jim,

We're staying at this hotel in March and have been told that St. Anne-Marie is a nice hotel, and in a good area. However, after booking our room we found out that some of their rooms do not have windows. All I can picture is we're staying in a closet. But...we're hoping for the best, beside we're only in the room to sleep.

Janine

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 03:16 PM
Monica Richards

I stayed at the Saint Anne Marie Antoinette last spring and was very happy. Our room was small, but big enough and well enough appointed. Good location. We faced the street, but with the windows closed you couldn't hear the partying. We were by the elevator, which I would avoid if you can, THAT was loud in the middle of the night. Also, try to get a room on the courtyard side, not the street side, it has a better view. Some of their rooms don't have windows? Gosh, I kinda find that hard to believe. I hope someone was exagerating (i.e. the window was small) or mistaken.

Old Jan 29th, 2000, 04:22 AM
John

It's true. I know of a couple of hotels in N.O. whose interior (usually the least expensive) rooms don't have windows at all. When renovating these old buildings, I assume they had no other choice!

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 11:28 AM
Robbin

We were going to stay here in June however they would not even guarentee a room with a king sized bed. I asked about a balcony and the woman literally laughed at me on the phone. I found them totally unfriendly.