local help on a lobster house on coast in Oct

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate many helpful posts about an upcoming Oct trip to NH and Me. I have gotten enough info to concern me about lobster restaurants being closed after Oct 1. we plan to drive the coast of Maine during the first week of Oct. Is there a good lobster house on the coast somewhere near Camden that will be open the first week of Oct ?
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM

The Waterfront Restaurant is one of the few that stays open all year long. They serve seafood, including lobster (but are not strictly a "lobster" house...)
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Sharon D- thanks for the tip on the Waterfront Restaurant. Where is it?
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Waterfront restaurant is right downtown in Camden. Marriner's restaurant has a terrific lobster roll, and I think that The Lobster Pound restaurant in neaby Lincolnville is open until mid-October. In Rockland there's The Rockland Cafe for no-frills lobster dinner, and The Brass Compass Cafe for their lobster club sandwich at lunch. Jess's Market will sell you cooked lobsters to takeout if you have utensils and can find a waterside picnic area.

You won't have any trouble finding lobster dinners and lobster rolls, though most of the waterside "shacks" will have closed. Warren's Lobster House in Kittery, just over the New Hampshire border, will be open if you have a craving on your way north. And in Camden you have Peter Ott's Tavern, The Atlantica, The Whitehall Inn and Cappy's Chowder House.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:04 PM

The places that close or will be open weekends only that late in the season tend to be the dockside "shacks" where you have to eat outside at picnic tables. There will be plenty of restaurants open that serve lobster with indoor dining. For example, as you start up the Maine coast, Mike's Clam Shack on Rt 1 in Wells is open year round (closed Tuesdays). We've had both lobster and fried seafood dinners there.

http://mikesclamshack.com/

This is also not far from the NH border so I would aim for lunch in Portland on your way to Camden.