Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   new orleans french quarter lodging (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/new-orleans-french-quarter-lodging-662217/)

bambii Dec 3rd, 2006 02:23 PM

new orleans french quarter lodging

looking for small hotel in new orleans in the $150-200 range in the french quarter.

BayouGal Dec 3rd, 2006 02:25 PM

Royal Sonesta
Hotel Monteleone
Omni Royal

Not sure if those 3 are really "small," but excellent places to stay in the Quarter. Check them out online. Try B & B's also.

BayouGal Dec 3rd, 2006 02:28 PM

In the search dialog box on the upper right, highlight Louisiana and click search. You'll find lots of great information on those threads.

Good luck with your planning! :)

bambii Dec 3rd, 2006 05:02 PM

thanks - i'll check those out. what do you think new years eve weekend will be like?

BayouGal Dec 3rd, 2006 05:42 PM

Book now, Bambii! ;-)

BayouGal Dec 3rd, 2006 05:43 PM

New Years Eve in N.O. has always been very popular, even last year after Katrina. Make your reservations as soon as possible.

jgarvey Dec 7th, 2006 08:04 PM

Check out Place d'Armes and its sister hotels--one is the Prince Conti. Place d'Armes is very charming and only a half-block to Cafe du Monde and Jackson Square. Also don't neglect B&Bs; there are some very nice ones in the quarter. Can't remember the name but we have stayed twice at one on Esplande near the quarter--nice breakfast brought upstairs to you, even a kitchenette, large balcony facing Esplanade. Very reasonable. Good luck. No matter where you stay, you are in New Orleans. Have a wonderful time!

dfr4848 Dec 8th, 2006 07:59 AM

If you want the Quarter, I'd second Place d'Arms. Very nice, convenient and reasonable and more atmosphere than larger "chains"

BobElsie Dec 8th, 2006 09:24 AM

Definitely make your reservations ASAP and be aware of the possibility of being moved to another hotel due to “over booking”. We go to NO frequently and have encountered this only on NYE. Out of three years we’ve had it happen to us twice.

I’d like to recommend the Royal Sonesta too. Very nice

RandyK Dec 8th, 2006 06:26 PM

Another vote for Place d'Armes----be sure to check out the room they give you before you settle in to stay. We stayed there in May and some of the rooms on the first floor had a very musty smell. We stayed on an upper floor with a view to the street. Some rooms have been updated more recently than others. Great location!

Dan Dec 9th, 2006 04:03 AM

I just checked some B&Bs at neworleansinns.com and several showed availability. You're not too late, Bambii, but I'd book soon!

bambii Dec 9th, 2006 09:27 AM

royal sonesta is booked. looks like its between hotel monteleone and place d'armes. they are about the same price. any pros and cons to help make the decision? i'll try to look at some of the b&bs but this is a surprise trip for my SO so my research time is limited!

Dan Dec 9th, 2006 10:48 AM

Given the choice between those two hotels, it's easy: Monteleone.