New Orleans & San Antonio 4th of July

Jan 31st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

New Orleans & San Antonio 4th of July

4 20-30something are considering a road trip and are thinking New Orleans and San Antonio are fun cities that we would like to visit, but we are concerned that it will be unbearably hot. We are from NY and have hot summers as well, but everyine is warning us about weather in Texas and Louisiana in the July
Jan 31st, 2009, 06:57 PM

You guys are young and most places are airconditioned. Bring cool cotton clothing that won't get ruined if you get sweaty. Otherwise, enjoy!
Feb 1st, 2009, 06:34 AM

Yes, it is going to be VERY hot and humid in both of these locations in July. All of the indoor activities are air-conditioned, but both cities are well-known for walking outdoors, too.

Wear 100% cotton clothes, light-colored, a hat and lots of sunscreen!
Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:29 AM

Also remember that in the South you donít breathe the air you drink it. As others have said Cotton is the only way to go loose fitting cloths light hats and plenty of fluids you will do fine.
Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM

It awill likely be humid in NO but San Antonio is not unusually humid in the summers.
Feb 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM

If you're in New Orleans, Essence Fest is going on around the 4th of July so you may want to check it out.

It will be hot and humid in New Orleans and just plain hot in San Antonio, but nothing too unbearable. Maybe plan to have some pool time in the afternoon heat if heat is a concern to you. But when I was that age, heat never phased me (still really doesn't).
Mar 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM

If you decide to go to San Antonio, they have a few waterparks there, including Fiesta Texas (formerly SeaWorld) has fun water rides, and then there is the uncomparable "Schlietterbahn" (sp?) in New Braunfels, very near to town. It is a premier water park situated on a river, with all the modern water park features. It made the travel channel's top 3 waterparks, I think. It is AWESOME and in a beautiful Texas setting (which is actually hard to come by, as Texas has a strange kind of beauty!) I hope you check it out! Then there is the famous River Walk, below the city streets, so cooler, and lined with shops, restaurants, hotels. Lots of cool music venues,a little touristy, but fun. Market square for the Tex-Mex feel, and cheap gifts for people back home, couple decent Tex-Mex restaurants. Tour the missions, or the King William district.
I'm going to New Orleans in April, and Love NO, too, but San Antonio has a lot to offer! So, stay cool, and have fun!
Mimi
Mar 11th, 2009, 06:15 AM

We were in NO for a trade show a few years ago in July, don't bother taking a shower in the AM, once you walk out of your hotel you are completely drenched! I'm from NY too, found NO was only bearable once we hit the a/c. Very similar to FL in the summer.

Search this Thread