Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What is the most atractive stamp in your passport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems I am not the only one who likes to hold on to my old passport because of memories. I have many interesting stamps but two the most attractive are one from Galapagos Islands and the other from the Seychlles.

What are the most atractive stamps in your passport? From what country? How long did you stay there and did you enjoy your trip?
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 05:07 AM

I'm like you, Pat...I love to go back to those old passports and reminisce over stamps, trips, dates of travel, etc.

I would have to say the most attractive that I have is from the island of Saba in the Dutch West Indies (aka "The Unspoiled Queen"). We travel there about once or so a year for a long weekend when we have to get off our own "rock."
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 01:48 PM

For me the most attractive stamp is the marriage stamp

We got married in USSR where it must be in the passport - single or married.
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM

Awww, Faina, well how cool is that?!?

Questions concerning my passport should be more along the lines of which ones are legible? Which is darkest? I can barely read some of my stamps and clearly do I remember when they went in thinking darn it, it's too light and then it's going to fade! The cutest appears to be from Salzburg--there's a tiny plane in the upper right hand corner. The Salzburg airport has my favorite curb side sign that reads Kiss and Fly--I took a picture of it but it is MIA if anyone has a copy. The heavy hand award goes to the agent working the Bermuda desk. All of our European travel to date came when my husband was stationed at Lakenheath, UK for two summers--a lot of times upon entry to another country, either by plane or auto, we didn't have our passports stamped until the return so there are quite a few from Dover, Stansted and Gatwick which is not very telling. Thank goodness for photo albums!

Great thread!
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM

Correction--all of MY European travel to date occurred while DH was stationed at Lakenheath. Forgot DH lived in Madrid, Spain for 4 years!
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just posted on the Latin America board: I don't have any stamps that are particularly interesting, but DH has a 1977 stamp from the Kingdom of Jordan with the profile of a young King Hussein. Cool!

MY
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 05:01 PM

Disappointingly, the stamp from Tahiti was not interesting! And it was my first!

I've heard several times that the Seychelles stamp is beautiful. Ahhh, someday....
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 05:13 PM

Hey Ann Marie I am an AF brat and once lived at Lakenheath!! Ok, so I have to ask, did you live on base or off base 2 miles away in the village?
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 03:33 AM

Hi Vegas, DH was sent there TDY two consecutive summers (2002 & 2003) so we lived on base in quarters. What a joy it was to hear the roar of the F-15s. Never in my life have I been so up close and personal with those planes! I absolutely loved it there--everything but the odors from the pig farm--wooeeee!
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 04:06 AM
P_M

My favorite stamp is from China. It's bright red and I can't read it because it's all in squiggles. This is in a very old passport, I hope to return to China someday.