Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   New Jersey/New York GTG - June 3rd (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/new-jersey-new-york-gtg-june-3rd-609599/)

Budman Apr 21st, 2006 06:38 PM

New Jersey/New York GTG - June 3rd

Announcing the NJ/NY GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, June 3, 2006.

Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.

For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html

When: Saturday, June 3rd

Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last year they had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare to open for dinner.

BYOB: This is a "bring your own" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of their own "poison."

The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures , and eat hors d'oeuvres.

Oh, there will be an entrance fee to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.

Theme: ??? Do we want to have one or just come as you are? I'm wearing shorts with white tennis shoes and white socks. :-)

About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.

Everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip.

Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.

Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. [email protected] ((b))

kybourbon Apr 21st, 2006 07:04 PM

And the theme would be???? Or is that a secret?

Budman Apr 21st, 2006 07:29 PM

And what would you like the theme to be?

No, I'm not wearing cuddle duds. :-) ((b))

amp322 Apr 21st, 2006 07:35 PM

topping, in case I'm free that day.. :-) ((d))

kybourbon Apr 21st, 2006 08:05 PM

Hey now! You might regret not taking my cuddledud advice when you are freezing on top of a mountain in Switzerland in a few weeks!

I'm meeting Indytravel for a little wine tasting and dinner tomorrow. Maybe we can come up with a theme after a few glasses of wine.

Budman Apr 23rd, 2006 09:39 AM

Well, what did you and Indy come up with? :-) ((b))

Rhea58 Apr 23rd, 2006 01:38 PM

Budman, when Trish e-mailed the
"regulars" she asked for suggestions. Since you REALLY are
our Captain, how about you coming
as such & Mrs. Budman as co-pilot
or First Class Flight attendant (she
won't have to wear rollers - LOL).
Of course, we, in steerage can wear anything that makes us comfortable,
a topic recently posted on this forum.
You get to pick the Airline. What say ye?

Budman Apr 23rd, 2006 03:21 PM

You want me to do what? I'm thinking shorts and sandals are looking better & better every day, especially if we have nice weather.

How about if we have a men/women sexy leg contest. Colonel Sanders could be the judge. :-) ((b))

Budman Apr 24th, 2006 04:18 AM

Topping for the back-to-work crowd. ((b))

Rhea58 Apr 24th, 2006 04:19 AM

It wouldn't be a fair contest. I'm a
former hand & leg model.

tpatricco Apr 28th, 2006 06:48 AM

Hi Everyone! Looks like we're voting for a no-theme GTG, which will save Ellenem from bringing props on the train this time! :)

Looking forward to a great time with you all! DH & I will be relaxed and tan, just back from 2 weeks in St John.

Please e-mail me to let me know if you're coming...and you all should be coming - we always have a fantastic time! Trish

owlwoman Apr 28th, 2006 07:41 AM

We're going to be in Orlando that weekend, boo, I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and sharing travel stories. Hopefully, there will be another one in the fall that will work out for us.

Kal Apr 28th, 2006 12:21 PM

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

:`(:`(:`(:`(

Budman May 1st, 2006 04:15 AM

I'm not sure of the head count so far, but Paula would like us to have at least 20 in order to open up just for us on Saturday noon time.

Where's "jersey"? Any out of towners coming? Kal? ((b))

GoTravel May 1st, 2006 05:01 AM

Once again I'll miss the NJ/NY get together. I'll be in Manhattan the weekend before for a baby shower and Mr.GoTravel and I will be in Miami starting Wednesday!

Tipple a toddy for me!

tpatricco May 1st, 2006 08:47 AM

Headcount so far? Hmm...

So far I have 11 confirmed:

Budman & Mrs. Budman
tpatricco & Mr. tpatricco
Hunnym and Mr. Hunnym
Auntgrapes
Ellenem
rhea58
xyz99 & Mr. xyz99

We're more than halfway there! Who else is joining the fun? E-mail me! Trish

michelleNYC May 1st, 2006 09:21 AM

Grrr.... I have always wanted to attend one of these. Crap! I'll just be starting a series of European trips on the 3rd. Well... have one (or five) on me....

tpatricco May 1st, 2006 10:28 AM

Add SusieQQ to the list and that makes 12 so far! :)

FainaAgain May 1st, 2006 12:32 PM

Oh, you poor new-yorkers, can't get a quorum?

All right, I'll be kind today, you are allowed to borrow our own Kal. We had a GTG with him yesterday, we're done for a while. Now you can have him ;)

tpatricco May 1st, 2006 01:10 PM

Hi Faina, Didn't you guys have to cancel your GTG back in November due to lack of interest? ;)