Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   New hotels in Cody, Wy? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/new-hotels-in-cody-wy-627680/)

BayouGal Jun 30th, 2006 03:28 PM

New hotels in Cody, Wy?

Anyone know anything about the 3 newish hotel/motels in Cody . . . Chamberlin Inn, Cody Cowboy Village, and Cody Legacy Inn?

We'll be there in Sept and would like to know more about these places.

BayouGal Jul 1st, 2006 01:42 PM

<i>No one </i>knows anything about these new hotels?

TAW Jul 1st, 2006 05:35 PM

I was just in Cody &amp; we stayed at the Beartooth Inn. But I did see the Legacy from the outside and it looked nice. We liked the Beartooth...it had all we needed - microwave, fridge, tv, comfy beds and very clean.
Have a good time!

Ike Jul 3rd, 2006 06:28 PM

I'm staying at Cody Legacy Inn on July 4th for a night.......I will let you know............

RetiredVermonter Jul 4th, 2006 02:40 AM

We stayed at &quot;The Parson's Pillow&quot; in Cody in late May. Very nice little B&amp;B, with a lovely breakfast. We're partial to B&amp;B's, though. Depends on what you want, I guess.

Don't pass up the fabulous Buffalo Bill Cody Museum of the West while you're there!

Vermonter

BayouGal Jul 6th, 2006 05:19 PM

Ike, how was your stay? I hope you'll tell us all about your trip!

Ike Jul 10th, 2006 09:07 AM

This is one of Cody's best hotels.....I had a nice visit. I would highly recommend the Legacy to any traveler........the service was good, the rooms were nice and clean and the visit was great.

BayouGal Jul 24th, 2006 11:25 AM

These places just opened, so hoping topping will stir up some more responses to this thread. Thanks!

wtm003 Jul 24th, 2006 01:13 PM

I'll be at the Legacy Inn this weekend and I'll let you know next week.

starrsville Jul 24th, 2006 01:14 PM

A friend stayed at the Parson's Pillow too and loved it too.

BayouGal Jul 24th, 2006 05:59 PM

Thanks, Starrsy! And wtm0003, I'll be looking for your report, thanks! :)

mcales Jul 25th, 2006 07:50 AM

What about the Irma Hotel? Is it clean or is it a dump like some of the travel reports say?

Christine65 Jul 25th, 2006 08:06 AM

Don't know what the Irma is like now---but keep in mind it is a historic hotel--lots of character!!! We used to stay here when I was in highschool on gymnastic trips. I loved this place!!!!

BayouGal Jul 25th, 2006 04:30 PM

From many sources, I've heard the Irma is not the hotel it used to be, BUT it is a highly recommended restaurant experience.

SpeedBuggy Jul 26th, 2006 03:30 AM

I've heard the Chamberlin is supposed to be upscale and very nice since they redid it. I haven't stayed there yet, though.

BayouGal Jul 26th, 2006 06:57 AM

The Cody Legacy Inn and Cody Cowboy Village now have actual photos on their websites, as opposed to the artist's renditions. The Chamberlain already had photos. All three of these new places look very nice. Only Cody Cowboy Village is listed on Trip Advisor so far, though.

dogkarma Jul 26th, 2006 12:31 PM

My husband and I just stayed at Cody Legacy Inn for 3 nights. The rate was good,and the place is promising,but the pool is not new and it is in an adjoining old motel property. The Continental breakfast was below average,we went out for breakfast each day. There are no elevators,if that matters to you.The bathroom fan ran constantly-no way to turn it off. The furnishings in our &quot;King jacuzzi suite&quot; were spartan,(it was a large room)but OK-the king bed needs support in the middle as after being open only 6 weeks,there was a distinct valley in the otherwise comfortable bed.
On the plus- fair location,OK rates,and HUGE bath towels.
When we to return,we'll go to the AmercINN.Hope this helps.

BayouGal Jul 26th, 2006 01:04 PM

Thanks, dogkarma! Did you happen to see the new Cody Cowboy Village (next to the rodeo) or the Chamberlain Inn (red brick building in town)? Why the AmercINN next time?

Also, would love to read a trip report of what you did in the area. Thanks, again!

dogkarma Jul 27th, 2006 09:57 AM

We went to Cody as part of a 9 day Montana/Wyoming trip. We flew to Billings,stayed 2 nights,then drove to Cody for 3 nights primarily to see one of my best friends. In Cody we toured the Buffalo Bill Museum,(art for me,guns for him!) Cody Dam, and went to Sierra Trading Post. We got to do some fun &quot;local&quot; things with our friends like watch the sun set from the porch of a local ranch way up in the mountains. My husband got to spend a day fishing.It was 100 degrees + when we were there,so being outdoors a lot was not possible!
My friend suggested we stay at the AmericINN,and I guess I figure the local knowledge is usually reliable. We booked at the Cody Legacy as it was new and looked promising.
I can ask my Cody friend about the hotels you mentioned.

I forgot to add-no microwave or mini fridge in our room at Cody Legacy Inn.

BayouGal Jul 27th, 2006 02:27 PM

Thanks, dogkarma (neat screen name)! That's my idea of a dream vacation . . .sitting on a porch in the mountains watching the sunset. But, we don't have friends there so we'll have to make do with the hotel/motel stoop!LoL Please ask your friend, if you wouldn't mind. Cody is a special stop for us after the parks so I'd like as nice (as in special) a place as possible near/in Cody. Thanks, again!