Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone gotten to the point lately where your interest has waned here as you've "seen it all" by now and it's the same q's over and over?

Search

Anyone gotten to the point lately where your interest has waned here as you've "seen it all" by now and it's the same q's over and over?

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was addicted to this site for a long time (couple of years). I read or scanned just about every post. I couldn't get enough of it. Now I've gotten away from it for a while and I'm reading some of the topics. Glad I didn't miss TOO much as they look a bit familiar, if you know what I mean. I'm not trying to be negative here, but when I came back to the site today after a break, it doesn't look like the world passed me by. It doesn't seem that I missed out on the most earth shattering, mind blowing travel happenings! Whew. I was kind of relieved.

Has anyone else felt this? Been totally into it due to an upcoming trip, then just stopped reading it for while? Felt you've "been there, read all that" after you've been on here for a couple of years? "What's the best Island to go to in Hawai... What's the best restaurant in New Orleans?" You know the questions I'm talking about... not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm sure glad you guys are still here! I have many trips coming up at some point in the next few years and will need your help again, as well as being there to post just back trip reports to help others.

My addiction is now finally broken. I'm lost on another forum... I'll just say it's watch related. First it was my car web forums, then this travel forum, now a watch forum. There's so many great ways to learn more about stuff by reading active web forums!

Thanks for the great times. I'll still be checking in once and a while in between my new obsessive forum reading

Peace,
Steve R
Silver Spring, MD
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:12 PM

The only time it gets interesting here is when we talk politics. The libs get pissed when I lecture and educate. But, we got nothing on a WATCH forum. (Is that for real?)
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:25 PM

I was considering changing to a "watching paint dry" forum but now that I know a Watch (sans paint) forum exists.....well, I can hardly contain my excitement!

Are there pictures of Seiko?
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:30 PM

Ever hear of a character named Travdis there?
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Hey - don't be dissing my watch forum!

Actually, it's totally fascinating!
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...rm_id=27&rid=0

Never heard of a Travdis, though...

Cheers,
Steve R

Old May 16th, 2005, 12:42 PM

Hey stever, i'm actually feeling just the opposite, thinking i miss being here as much as i used to be. Due to my stinkin schedule (and laptop with a tude) i can't get online nearly as much and i ESPECAILLY miss fodors and my fodorite friends! I LOVE coming here and i'm constantly saving posts for future travel planning. So no, can't ever get enough of fodorville!
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:43 PM

This forum is like a wave... San Jose weirdo, quiet time, Travdis, now quiet time again. Something interesting will come along, just wait and watch
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:57 PM

This site is what we make of it. If it is boring, someone needs to liven things up
I am enjoying reading all the trip reports that have just been posted.
And seeing who is just too faaabulous for words, and who thinks no one is fabulous but likes to let everyone know that is the way he thinks
Time for a Time Out maybe, stever?
Breaks are good, I rarely take them, but I hear they are good.
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:59 PM

*ps*
You have to read Faina's 10 Commandments!
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:59 PM

*ps*
You have to read Fainas 10 Commandments!
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:08 PM

placeu2,

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=1275634&rid=0

Just for you!
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:12 PM
GoTravel

I kinda get tired of seeing the "itinerary advice?" postings with no location and "honeymoon help?" for Hawaii but other than that, this is a helpful forum.

Old May 16th, 2005, 01:21 PM
jetset1

just knock wood that "Muffin" isn't lamenting abourt her bikini line. Also, where did ***kimamom*** disappear? Maybe she'll have a fab new winery/room with a view post soon!

Old May 16th, 2005, 01:26 PM

Jetset, be careful what you wish for.

Scarlett, thank you, my post doesn't deserve being mentioned twice

I ended up in the same row (think San Quentin) as Muffin and Kimamom?? Oh, horror, time for another vacation!
Old May 16th, 2005, 04:22 PM
GoTravel

***she***:0 ended up at the gym with her son the trainer and his fiancee while headed to the swim meet to pick up son #6 so they could all head to the beach condo in whatever town in Oregon/Washington/California to drink a delicious wine and have a yummy meal and walk the beautiful coast and eat sand dip things.

Old May 16th, 2005, 04:30 PM

Hi Stever, I think I might be feeling a bit like you right now....maybe it is the law of diminishing returns or something similar. I read some posts, but hardly join in anymore...am I Fodored out? Say it ain't so! Judy
Old May 16th, 2005, 04:45 PM

Judy, it ain't so

LOL, Faina, I have no idea how that posted twice, but it was worth saying again

***krazy*** is posting, you just have to look under the right heading..hotel, food, name dropping.
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for replying Judyrem and others. Yeah, I'm a little Fodor'ed out for now - but I'm sure the spirit will return one day. I'll check in from time to time, and the next big trip I plan will surely revive the Fodor's spirit in me!

Over and out,

Steve R
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:48 PM
jetset1

Gotravel~ be sure to request Favio, the studly waiter at Le Meowx bistro on the bay!
Afterwards, stumble down the darling cobblestone path to the massage hut, where you and dh have the chocolate liqueur with a hint of raspberry as a Greek sheep herder offers his special 2fer,lol!
Don't forget dessert before retiring to the penthouse suite with the caviar and assortment of tasting wines, whilst the small interisland ferry glides by below. Ahh, that salt air, so intoxicating, reminiscent of the Edgewater in my very fave village of SEATTLE.. cheers!

Old May 16th, 2005, 06:50 PM

Stever,
Every now and then I find myself a little bored with fodors, but then I'll travel somewhere new, and discover a whole slew of posts that are suddenly interesting to me. Traveling opens so many doors, even to more fodors enjoyment!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -