Ive been trying to figure out which route to take for my 2(.5) week or 16-18 days road trip in October (4 until 19-ish) by myself through New England. Ive been reading a whole lot (maybe too much); so now it's time for some feedback. The list Im thowing out is way too much I know, but still I would like to ask what can or should be taken out. Next to that I would like a general tip if one who never went to New England, to focus on one state or more? Basically I think I will cut out ACADIA all together because it's to far to drive back. Or if you say well, that one is the most beautiful of ACADIA, WHITE MOUNTAIN FORREST OR GREEN MOUNTAIN FORREST. Also is it wise to include Berkshire hills? Ok what do I like to see or do: food, white water rafting (what are the best places III, IV or maybe V?), fall foliage (duh), whalewatching, themepark, lighthouse, covered bridges, kayak or kano, walk, beach, train ride, balloon flight.
O yeah one more thing: cheap sleep spots, where or what are the best options?
Here's my insane first shot of the ROUTE: please give as much feedback as possible.
O yeah first 3 days are in Boston (enough?)
Day 1-4 Boston, Ogunquit, Kennebunkport
So basically the choice has to be made from this point on. To continue to Acadia via Booth bay harbor or skip that and go to see below.
Day 5 Lake Winnipesaukee
Day 6-7 Kancamagus Highway and White Mountains
Day 8-9-10 Stowe, Burlington, Waitsfield, Middlebury, Quechee Gorge, Woodstock and Grafton, all VT
Day 11-12 Green Mountain National Forest
Day 13 - 14-15 Mohawk Trail and Berkshire Hills
Day 16 -17 Springfield, Agawam (Six flags) Worcester to Boston
Is it a lot? Probably is. The thing is I want to enjoy as much as possible and remember I am alone. Your comments are highly appreciated. Thanks Micheal
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I need help
- 2 10 day California Trip in July
- 3 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 4 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 5 Newport Beach restaurants
- 6 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 7 4 days in Miami
- 8 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 9 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 10 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 11 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 12 A Few days in Museums
- 13 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 14 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 15 travelling from Miami to New York
- 16 Las Vegas TR
- 17 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 18 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 First time in the United States
- 21 3 days San Francisco
- 22 Vacations in New Orleans
- 23 Hawaii instead of Oaxaca, but where?
- 24 Must-See Louis Vuitton Exhibit Downtown
- 25 Base Lodging in New Hampshire and Vermont