Notices

New Destination

May 14th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Original Poster

New Destination

For the past view years my wife and myself have visited New England for our summer holidays. We visit friends in Connecticut for few days then Boston or Cape Cod for a couple of days then Stowe, Vermont for a week.

This year we still want to visit our friends and spend some time in Boston or Cape Cod, but would like to try somewhere else in New England (probably New Hampshire) instead of Stowe.

The problem is that we like what Stowe gives us, small village with easy relaxing walks, nice restaurants / pubs, good choice of accommodation in the village and scenic drives.

From what I have looked at so far, New Hampshire appears to have a number of places that would fit our needs. My question is though - where is best?

Any help would be appreciated
May 14th, 2013, 04:03 AM

When defrostnh responds, listen. Her advice is golden.

You will have a slightly hard time replicating Stowe as NH is slightly wilder and Woolier. I like Hanover, the upper Connecticut River Valley, and Portsmouth for different reasons, and I love the White Mountains but dislike North Conway and the towns on Lake Winnepesaukee, except when I am feeling nostalgic.
May 14th, 2013, 05:49 AM

How about North Woodstock in the White Mountains of New Hampshire? I see you mentioned pub: the Woodstock Inn & Brewery is here.
May 14th, 2013, 10:05 AM

Maybe you can tell us which towns appealed to you and we can offer some comments/suggestions based on that...

Search this Thread