Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Never go on trips with anyone you do not love. (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/never-go-on-trips-with-anyone-you-do-not-love-630066/)

JAGIRL Jul 11th, 2006 06:52 AM

Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.

Travel quotes. Don't ya love them?
Here's one of my favourites :

<font color="green"><i>“I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine </i></font>
Caskie Stinnett
:)
What are <i>your</i> favourite travel related quotes?

magiccarpet Jul 11th, 2006 07:01 AM

• The traveler sees what he sees; the tripper sees what he has come to see-- G.K. Chesterton
• Never journey without something to eat in your pocket. If only to throw to dogs when attacked by them--E.S. Bates

I also like this which suggest the kind of person with whom one would not want to travel:

• A bore is a person who deprives you of your solitude without providing you with company.

JAGIRL Jul 11th, 2006 07:12 AM

&gt;&gt;&gt;A bore is a person who deprives you of your solitude without providing you with company.&lt;&lt;&lt;

Haven't we all had our fair share of those! :))

Scarlett Jul 11th, 2006 07:43 AM

<i>A bore is a person who deprives you of your solitude without providing you with company.</i>

LOL a<i> bore </i>on Fodors, is someone who gets banned and keeps coming back :D

Hi JAGIRL..I like this one-.
<font color="blue"> &quot;Wherever you go, there you are.</font>

buongiorno Jul 11th, 2006 07:47 AM

&quot;Went to Philadelphia for a week one afternoon&quot;

W.C. Fields

FainaAgain Jul 11th, 2006 08:44 AM

Scarlett?????????? 8-}

FainaAgain Jul 11th, 2006 08:46 AM

Oh, just realized, you were off-line for a while and may not know I was banned, then came back.

Ha, I still have hope you didn't mean I am a bore ;)

And that quote is incomplete, it should be something like this:

&quot;wherever you go, there you are. your luggage is another matter&quot;

Mzsparks Jul 11th, 2006 08:48 AM

The traveler is active - he or she goes strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he or she expects interesting things to happen to them. They go &quot;sight-seeing.&quot;

Tiff Jul 11th, 2006 08:54 AM

~Don't forget to pack your sense of humor!

Wednesday Jul 11th, 2006 09:09 AM

&quot;Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.&quot;

-Anais Nin

Scarlett Jul 11th, 2006 09:09 AM

Faina, I realized after that was posted that it might be taken personally...I only meant it for one poster, he always pops back up, wearing his little blacktie..lol.

Tiff...You can say that again!! ((F))

snowrooster Jul 11th, 2006 09:24 AM

Someone I work with said this once (don't know if he lifted it from another source or not). It isn't specifically travel related but I like it:

&quot;Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.&quot;

and in the seize the day frame of mind, I heard the late, great Walter Payton say, &quot;Tomorrow is promised to no man.&quot;

razzledazzle Jul 11th, 2006 09:35 AM

Travelers never think that <i>they</i> are the foreigners. Mason Cooley

Someone ought to make-up a great quote about fanny packs, yes?

R5

SAnParis Jul 11th, 2006 09:55 AM

Not necessarily travel specific but ...&quot;Wisdom is knowing there is always more to learn &quot;...

karameli Jul 11th, 2006 10:24 AM

If an ass goes traveling, he'll not come back a horse.

Citylghts Jul 11th, 2006 10:56 AM

Not specifically related to travel and not sure if the list is all inclusive but...

<i>You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk dancing.</i>

-Sir Arnold Bax

Scarlett Jul 11th, 2006 11:04 AM

CityLights, LOL

JAGIRL Jul 11th, 2006 11:34 AM

citylights,
I had planned on making it a general quotes thread but then...it might get deleted...because, you know...this <i><u>is </u></i> a <font color="blue">Travel<font color="black"> forum! ;;)

I suspect that as long as the thread remains *kind of* travel related in some way all quotes are welcome. :)

These are great so far...keep em coming guys! ((#))B-)</font></font>

seetheworld Jul 11th, 2006 11:40 AM

<i>&quot;Don't let the door hit you on the way out&quot;</i>

...unknown...:D

FainaAgain Jul 11th, 2006 11:44 AM

A road of 1,000 miles begins with a cash advance.