Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Need Unique ideas for adult visit to Disney (and not our first trip)

Need Unique ideas for adult visit to Disney (and not our first trip)

May 10th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Need Unique ideas for adult visit to Disney (and not our first trip)

Hello - I'll be joining my husband in orlando for a long weekend soon. we've been to disney multiple times with the children and once on our own over the years. This time, we'll spend a day at Epcot and then would like to find things that are unique/different for the other two days. ideas I've found are a segway tour, behind the scenes tour at sea world, chef's table dinner at the Grand Floridian etc. I'd like to see if anyone out there has other ideas or experiences....we're in our mid-50s - no interest in golf or tennis. We'll have a car and can easily drive to sites (have already been to cape canaveral three times for shuttle launches and tours). Thanks!
May 10th, 2009, 07:26 PM

Have you thought about an airboat ride? We did one on the St Johns river and had a blast!
May 10th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

where do you book an airboat ride...would our hotel concierge know about it?
May 12th, 2009, 05:31 AM

Boggy Creek Airboat Rides is the closest one to the Disney area. Yes, your hotel concierge would know about it, but you can just contact them directly yourself. If you want to see gators, your chances will be much better if you go at dusk or even at night. Be sure to check out the discounts that are available for the asking.

www.bcairboats.com
http://www.bcairboats.com/tickets.shtml
May 12th, 2009, 05:38 AM

I forgot to mention something in nearby Winter Park that is off the beaten path for most Disney tourists - the Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour. http://www.scenicboattours.com/

Although we've lived here 22+ years, this winter is the first time we tried it. Our relatives (from northern MN) loved it.
May 12th, 2009, 06:52 AM

At Epcot you can take a behind the scenes walk through their greenhouses. You have to sign up by the soaring ride or you can book by calling them. It is only $16 per person I think:

http://www.wdwnews.com/ViewPressRele...leaseID=100253
May 18th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

We're back and had a great time - somewhat laid back - 1/2 day magic kingdom, full day epcot and full day seaworld. Epcot is our favorite and we were there about 8 hours total. Seaworld is an easy 4-5 hours - arriving around 11 and out by 4:30 with dinner off site. On our final day, we did some hotel hopping, checked out different high end properties, had a glass of soda or beer and soaked in the ambiance. It was dicey to try and do an airboat ride due to the unsettled weather - lots of fast moving storms each day. However, given our experience with the disney parks, we were able to pick and choose, move quicky and have plenty of time to people watch!

Search this Thread