Need the best seafood restaurant in Vegas!

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need the best seafood restaurant in Vegas!

Going to Vegas in a couple weeks and would like a suggestion for the best seafood, someplace besides the Rio buffet, they are kind of pricey if you can't ear enough to make up for the price.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 07:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I usually have seafood wherever we eat in Vegas so I will just tell you my favorites.
Voodoo Lounge in the Rio
Emerils in MGM Grand
Aqua at the Bellagio
and Buzios at the Rio.
Have fun!
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 07:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I second Emeril's, but it's kinda spendy.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 05:07 AM
LHG

Can anyone tell me why this happened? We went to Emeril's for lunch (back in March) We did not have a reservation. The hostess told the couple in front of us there wasn't a table available and they were welcome to eat out front in the bar area (which was very crowded). We move up and the hostess asks us the name of our hotel and immediately takes us to the dining room to a nice table. There were a lot of empty tables. Any thoughts?

Old Jan 7th, 2005, 05:15 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LHG - what hotel were you staying at? And how were you dressed compared to the other couple. Sometimes these things, however unfairly, make a difference.

I second Aqua at the Bellagio!
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 05:38 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I can't answer your question, LHG, but in August we arrived at Emeril's without reservations and the place was very full. The hostess told us we could eat at the bar and we took her up on it. We had a wonderful dinner with two bartender/servers who were just wonderful. I've never had better service in a restaurant -- nor friendlier and the food was sensational. I'm not sure why the bar was so crowded -- the seats are very generously and pleasantly spaced. Do you mean there was another row of people standing there?
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 06:11 AM
LHG

Wow, I feel honored that Patrick is responding to my post. I always enjoy reading your comments. I'm was just asking that if a person is waiting for a table and is told there is nothing available then why would the very next person get a table? The bar area was very crowded, so I assumed we would have to sit there and I remember saying we would have to even wait there because that other couple couple took the last table. I was starving and a little disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to eat at Emeril's. That's why we were so surprised when the hostess showed us to a table. I agree, the service was excellent and the food as well. I'm not trying to put down the place, just asking a question. Thank you LoriNY for your response. We were dressed pretty much the same only my husband had on a collared shirt and the other gentleman did not.

Old Jan 7th, 2005, 10:52 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FYI, I think Aqua in the Bellagio closed. I believe a restaurant called Michael Mina opened in its stead.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 11:57 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Michael Mina was the chef for the original Aqua in San Francisco and was still the chef when the LV branch opened. He has since left and opened a place in the St. Francis Hotel in SF. I believe former Aqua in the Bellagio still has a seafood-centric menu.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you Scarlett and everyone for your suggestions. FYI went on Bellagio web page and Aqua is now Michael Mina. I will try to get to a few of them on my visit.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 12:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We had dinner at Michael Mina in December and loved it. Great seafood. My husband said the best part was the coffee, though!
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 07:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Michael Mina is AMAZING, but not cheap
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 06:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not a LV expert but I enjoyed Pearl (I think at the MGM?)for a good asian inspired dinner with a quiet romantic atmoshpere. They had a shrimp dish that was outstanding and although somewhat pricey, nothing compared to some of the other places on the strip.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 09:34 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try Aquanox in the Venetian.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 10:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Four of us--all ordering something different--had great seafood at McCormick & Schmick.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 11:55 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, for the confusion LHG. I guess what I meant to say was that sitting at the bar in that type place is not necessarily a bad thing. And now I'll approach this part delicately -- and I sincerely don't know your age or type or anything about you, so this isn't meant to put you down. Could the other couple have been a younger "trendier" looking couple than you? Could the hostess have been offering them the bar as a good place to go since they thought maybe they'd enjoy it? And they like to keep the bar filled with people like that.

(OOps, that doesn't explain our being seated at the bar, since we don't look young or trendy -- but then the restaurant was already filled when we got there).

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 10:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are you after the ambiance or really good food? We Asians have a different flare for seafood... If you want to eat inside the hotel, try TODAI at The Aladdin or now called as Planet Hollywood. If you want outside the strip, try Makino Restaurant on Flamingo and Jones (maybe 4 miles from Aladdin). Both serve sushis and lots more seafood. Dinners are better but a little pricier than lunch. This is eat all you can.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JC, thank you for your suggestions. I would prefer a good meal, don't need a fancy setting. Again, thanks everyone, I'm leaving in a week. Can't wait.