My family is planning on taking two weeks next summer to drive West from Kansas City. Any suggestions on where to go? Unfortunately, with the exception of childhood trips for my husband and me, we have only flown over this section of the country.
We know we want to go to the Southwest part of Colorado. We could either make a northern loop through Montana, Idaho, etc., or a southern loop through Arizona, Texas,etc.
Other info - We have two kids (8 and 4), don't mind long drives (we usually drive to the East Coast for a beach vacation, but wanted something different this year), and wouldn't mind camping for some of the nights. Also, I know my daughter would love to see some cowboy/old West things. I remember seeing some ghosttowns, cowboys, etc, on my childhood trip. Probably very tacky, but at the time, I thought it was great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MCAFEE Installation Contact 1800:681:7208 MCAFEE Tec*hh care 24*7
- 2 10 day California Trip in July
- 3 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 4 RV Grand Canyon
- 5 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 6 New York in 5 days
- 7 Newport Beach restaurants
- 8 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 9 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 10 I need help
- 11 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 12 Expedia
- 13 Italian Provisions
- 14 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 15 girls trip / oregon
- 16 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 17 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 18 Vacations in New Orleans
- 19 4 days in Miami
- 20 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 21 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 22 Las Vegas TR
- 23 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 24 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 25 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
Need suggestions for driving trip West - between Colorado and California