Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need some help with travel from Anaheim to Vegas

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

We want to get from Anaheim to Vegas without driving - 2 options - go with Coach USA which picks us up from our hotel or fly from Long Beach with JetBlue Airways. How far is Long Beach Airport in a taxi from Anaheim? Has anyone any experience flying with JetBlue or indeed travelling with Coach USA - any help would be appreciated - we are coming over from Scotland.
Thanks
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:13 PM

Long Beach is 15-20 minutes from Anaheim, but you would best arrange with a van service such as SuperShuttle (1-800-BLUEVAN). The actual flight to Las Vegas will be less than an hour.

JetBlue is a new low-cost carrier. If you know RyanAir or EasyJet, it's kinda similar. They fly new Airbus A320s, with DirecTV screens at each seat. Long Beach Airport is very small-- the terminal is a Deco treasure, but there are no jetways, so you walk out onto the tarmac to board your flight. Happily, the walk from curb to check-in, then to Security and the gate, is VERY short.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:14 PM

Or you can take Amtrak bus Anaheim-Las Vegas, the ride is under an hour.

LOL, I'll get expelled soon for promoting Amtrak! Just love trains...
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:34 PM

Amtrak bus to Vegas in less than an hour? That means it's traveling around 300 mph. Hell, I'd go with Amtrak too.

JetBlue for $19 from LB to LV (is that the rate you got?) is a fab deal; your cab to the airport will undoubtedly cost more than that.

I'd still investigate a one-way car rental, though.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:55 PM

Another possibility is to contact your hotel in Anaheim, and have the concierge price van services. My guess is that it will cost around $15 per person between Anaheim and LGB.

I always see a lot of Coach USA buses on the local freeways, so it is certainly a popular way to get to LV. Note that it's some 260 miles between the two cities, so you're talking a healthy 4 hours, with NO ACCIDENTS slowing down traffic.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 11:58 PM

Kers,

Please note that the airport in Las Vegas, unlike many cities, is very close to the city. Once you arrive, getting to the strip or your hotel on the strip will take a very short time.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:51 PM

I got a cab from LGB to Anaheim last month and it was $33 from memory.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 11:57 PM

or you could go to John Wayne airport and get a Southwest flight.

A bus would take 4-5 hours. I dunno what Faina is smoking, but what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.