Need Reviews on two Oahu Restaurants-Trellises and Oceanarium

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have gotten good reviews on many Oahu restaurants, but wanted to get people's specific reviews/opinions on two restraunts: Trellises at Raddison Price Kuhio and Oceanarium at Pacific Beach Hotel.

We are looking at Easter Sunday Brunch at Trellisis and dinner (a Sat. night) at Oceanarium for my father's birthday.

We have some picky eaters in the group so we aren't looking for exotic dishes...but just good food.

Was the food good? Typical prices? Good times to go? Where to sit? etc....

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 01:34 PM

Both buffets are very good values and have a wide range of food. In our family, the kids (now grown) prefer Trellises.

The Oceanarium has a good buffet. I don't know that I can endorse eating off the menu, though--not as fabulous.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 03:48 PM
mgc

I often took guests to the Oceanarium for the sunday buffet. My experience was the more adventurous eaters liked it, the picky ones did not. The buffet was very good, not great, but there was lots of it and lots of variety. The variety is mainly of Asian-inspired dishes or traditional Hawaiian dishes which didn't appeal to some of my guests.

It was several years ago, but at that time the easter brunch was served in another room so you had to walk a way to get to the food. Not a big deal, but with kids or for those who have limited mobilty it could be an issue.

The big aquarium is the main draw - not the food. You may want to ask for a menu before you make reservations just to see what the offerings are and to see if your father would like it. I'm sure they could fax the menu to you. My parents weren't that excited about the buffet, but their idea of a good meal is Cracker Barrel. I should've known better than to take them there...
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 03:52 PM
mgc

One other tidbit - if you want to see the aquarium from your table make sure you tell them when making reservations. Not every table has a good view, or a view at all. And ask if the aquarium divers are still displaying signs for special events. They can hold up a sign wishing your dad a happy birthday. A bit silly, but good fun!
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

mgc- if we do the Oceanarium we will do the sign thing. I agree a bit hokey...but very unique and the kids will get a HUGE kick out of it. I think...sercertly my dad will too!

Thanks Melissa...as always you have been sooo helpful. Your the best!