looking for Cape Cod Cottages in the South East

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This year in August is my dad's 80th birthday. When we were really young, maybe 5 or 6, my parents would take us to Sandwich Cape Cod and we stayed in 2 bedroom cottages. I believe they were similar to this: http://www.sanddollaronline.com/tena...p?idProduct=14. My parents are living near Hilton Head now and going to Cape Cod would be too much of a trip. I'd like find someplace close to them that has the same kind of feel as those little cottages. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:03 AM

^^^^
That's not true, of course.

The old cottages of the Lowcountry are different from those up north. The most traditional are on Sullivan's Island, SC, but the city council there passed a no weekly rental ordinance.

The closest you might get could be Edisto Island, which isn't far from HHI. Others may know more about the GA Sea Islands than I do.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:43 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Are you looking for beach cottages? I can't help you with those, but the state parks in Georgia have 2 bedroom cabins/cottages that are close - and many are on lakes. Check the GA state park website. A bit of a strange suggestion = the Hampton Inn Oceanfront south of Myrtle Beach has a decor that feels New England-y (I know there isn't such a word). It's right on the water and may be more comfortable with elevators, flat surfaces around pool, etc. It would be a beach front option that would evoke the feeling of a Cape Cod cottage. Check out the pictures - http://www.hamptoninnoceanfront.com/
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your thoughts. I'd like to find something as close to the beach as possible.
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
This was topped by an ad but it reminded me to post. I looked for places on Surfside Beach because YEARS ago we stayed there in a small rental house that was wonderful. These condo units caught my eye because of the misspelling of the name, but may work. Look around that area if these aren't right for you - http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...ape-coddages-2