Need One night at Port Everglades area Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I am looking for my brother who needs 7 hotel rooms for a one night stay before a cruise.

They are looking for clean, safe, central, inexpensive and near this port. What is your pick?
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 01:44 PM

When are they cruising? is it essential that they pick the same hotel? I've gone with family, etc , we used Priceline and stayed at 2 hotels- both very very nice at a fraction of the advertised rate. Much better than looking for a cheap motel! ;-)
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

LLindaC,

I am not sure he could convince 7 couples to go with Price line but I will suggest as you are the second person I see suggesting this. Does sound like a good idea for the budget option they are looking for.

Problem he is having is not wanting to rent a car and the high taxi fares.
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Oh yeah they are going in March
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 04:56 PM

Well, you might have some Spring breakers, but you can still try Priceline. The pier is almost walking distance from the hotels, no high taxi fares at all. Lat time I went with my family , we stayed at separate hotels, then hired a van to transport us all to the airport. It was cheap, and easy! FLL pier is close to the airport and hotels, and some of them have free shuttles. The ones with shuttles often work a deal with you to take folks to the pier. trust me, you can't go wrong with Priceline!! Done it 4 times there.
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

Where did you higher the van? That sounds like an alternative plan.

7 couples brother does not think he will be able to get 7 rooms through priceline.
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 07:36 PM
MHS

Check out Best Western Marina -- price includes shuttle from airport to hotel & hotel to pier. This is the one my travel agent uses for all her customers going into Ft. Lauderdale pre cruise.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 06:11 AM
JJ5

The Renaissance or Marriott Marina in view of the port would probably do a 7 room deal.

We used Priceline and got the Renaissance for $105 last February. But in all cases you need to make these reservations well in advance. There are numerous shuttles available from Renaissance, Marriott, Hyatt- which are all right off Port Everglades.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 06:24 AM
GoTravel

Go to www.sunny.org and start researching hotels. When you find several you like, call the hotels directly and see what kind of deal they will give you for booking seven rooms with them.

You aren't going to get a definitive answer to this question because there are too many variables.

Hotel rates depend on the date, day of week, length of stay, hotel occupancy etc.

For example; you'll get a better deal at a hotel booking seven rooms the first Tuesday in March than you will for seven rooms for a Saturday night stay the end of March.

With priceline, you may end of up with two different hotels since you can only book 4 rooms at a time.

Hotwire may be an option.

Old Oct 10th, 2005, 06:27 AM
cd

Sorry, I can't remember the name of the hotel where we stayed but they did pick us up from the airport and take us to the pier, complimentary. I think a lot of the hotels offer that service. I heard Amerisuites offered it but that is not where we stayed. Also, on the return, our flight home did not leave until evening so the hotel where we stayed going down, again picked us up at the pier, put our luggage in a locked room and let us hang out at their pool for the afternoon. Your brother might want to check into that also if his flight is later in the day.