Need nice hotel in New Jersey near Fairfield?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 10:30 AM
amanda

Need nice hotel in New Jersey near Fairfield?

Looking for a nice place to stay in New jersey near Fairfield.

Also, any tea houses or quaint lady places for lunch in northern new jersey, (Fairfield, Wayne)

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Merilee

Hi Amanda...Fairfield, New Jersey is surrounded by Route 46 and I-80...the hotels that I know of are on Route 46 East and they are Hampton Inn and Suites, Radisson Fairfield, and Ramada Inn which is on Two Bridges Road...Route 46 in each direction is a very busy, high traffic area...there are many strip malls with all kinds of stores and restaurants...the area around Wayne is always congested and that's where Willowbrook Mall is...I can't think of any places in these two towns that match your request...there certainly are many restaurants to choose from though, chain and otherwise...there's a place in Nutley called Cafe St. Honore on Franklin Avenue (the one next to the Franklin Theater...there's a restaurant with the same name on the same street)...anyway, they serve good pastries, coffee, cappuccino, and I'm sure tea, but it's not a tea salon...the nicest places I can think of are all in the city...Lady Mendl's at the Inn at Irving Place (in the city) sounds just like what you're looking for.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Merilee

If you have a car I just thought I'd mention that (in my opinion) one of the nicest dining experiences in northern New Jersey is at The Saddle River Inn in Saddle River, New Jersey and it may suit your needs...it's about 20 miles one way from Fairfield.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 09:06 PM
amanda

Merilee,
Thank you for your tips. I do appreciate it and I will try the Saddle River suggestion.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Carla

The Saddle River Inn is a good 45 -60 minutes from you, but it is lovely - you are close to Willowbrook but avoid it, despite a brand new Bloomingdale's the crime rate is pretty high (parking lot thefts that is - despite the lovely surroundings of the Caldwell's and real life home of Sopranno Starts) ok, Fairfield is near Livingston and Short Hills, and that is the area you want toconcentrate on - one of the State's Best Dining Rooms is at The Short Hills Hilton (JFK Parkway) - They also do a wonderful formal Tea. The Hilton also has a wonderful day spa and is charming - another lunch option however, is (ignore what I said about avoiding Willowbrook) and take rt 23 into Verona, to The Shoe Box - nneat house with ladies lunch items, drinks and homemade desserts -
ALso - another of NJ's best is The Manor of West Orange- the best seafood buffet (make reservations way in advance) but their gardens are lovely and a popular ladies lunch place -