Need input on "The Whaler" on Kaanapali

Mar 30th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Need input on "The Whaler" on Kaanapali

My wife and I will be in Maui for 5 nights in June. We have never been to Hawaii before, and this trip is for our 10th anniversary. I have reservations for an oceanview studio at The Whaler. It seems to get decent reviews in all the books, but our budget really can't handle the $350+ per nite that the Sheratons/Hyatts/Westins want for a room. Can any of you give me some feedback about your experiences at The Whaler? I booked thru Aston, so my rate is higher than VRBO, but we weren't staying a whole week there (making VRBO more difficult), plus we do get daily maid service & towels. Thanks.

KTinTX
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:32 AM
SEW

It has been a couple of years, but we stayed at the Whaler in one of the two bedroom condo's (there were 5 of us). We really enjoyed it. The location is great and enjoyed the views. Ours was a unit that faced black rock. Plus the unit itself seemed fairly well kept up. Liked the kitchen for light breakfast and we usually had a cocktail on the Lanai. The pool isn't that great, but we enjoyed being right on the beach.

I would definately stay there again.
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

SEW,

Thanks for jumping in....for others who can offer more input, I can't really see us using the pool (why, when you have a beach right there?), so not having a 10 acre waterpark isn't a concern for us. I look forward to all the insight.

KTinTX
Mar 30th, 2004, 12:19 PM

Aloha KTinTX - Just returned from second stay at the Whaler on 3/19. You will not be able to find a better location for a beach front studio in the middle of all the action. A lot of people drive 45 minutes just to spend the day at the beach that will be just steps away for you! The pool area is small but nice and clean and water temperature is perfect. Nice hot tub also. We love the fact that the pool was open until 10pm. Often we would sit in the hot tub right before bed. You will love being on the beach and not having to take anything with you except your towel, because your condo will only be steps away. We loved to walk down to the Sheraton at sunset for a drink or eat at one of the many restaurants at Whaler Village. Just being able to walk out of your condo and take an early morning walk was the greatest. We always slept with the lani doors open to hear the ocean at night. Parking is underground and there are shopping carts there to take your luggage and groceries to your room by elevator. It was very convenient. I would love to answer more questions. Riggsie

Search this Thread