COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need info on Crowne Plaza, Beverly Hills and Sheraton, Pasadena

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Steph

Does anyone have any information on Crowne Plaza Hotel in Beverly Hills and Sheraton in Pasadena? Are the locations good? Safe? Interesting? I found good rates (under $90/night) for both hotels with 21 day advanced non-refundable purchase, and I'm wondering which one to choose. Thank you.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 06:16 PM
danielle

The sheraton in Pasadena used to be a holiday inn. They did an extensive renovation over the past 2 or 3 years. I think it turned out nice. Your proximity to things such as Old Town are very good, but you will still want to drive. The area is safe.
I don't know anything about the Crowne.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Steph

Thank you, Danielle. I look forward to more replies.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 09:50 PM
mare

Steph what is the address of the Crowne Plaza? It must be a recent name-change or ownership-change, we've never heard of it.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Shannon

The Crowne Plaza is not really in Beverly Hills -- it's in Beverlywood and Beverly Hills "adjacent" (namely, West L.A.). It's on Beverly Drive, between Pico Blvd. and Olympic. The location is fine and safe, and very close to Beverly Hills and Century City. I have not been inside, but it looks from the outside like an upscale Holiday Inn. Since Crowne Plaza is owned by the Holiday Inn chain, that doesn't surprise me.