Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Need help with transportation for Niagara Falls, Toronto and Buffalo Trip
Notices

Need help with transportation for Niagara Falls, Toronto and Buffalo Trip

May 15th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Original Poster

Need help with transportation for Niagara Falls, Toronto and Buffalo Trip

Hello helpful people! I'm trying to plan a six night trip, flying into and out of Buffalo, spending two nights in Niagara Falls on the Canada side, two nights in Toronto, and two nights in Buffalo, in that order if it makes sense. If it's not too much trouble, I would like to take the train from Niagara Falls to Toronto and back and use the subway to get around in Toronto. I know I'll need a rental car in Buffalo, but is a rental car necessary in Niagara Falls? (We plan to stay at the Marriott that is only 100 yards from the falls.) What would be the best order for traveling between the airport and these three cities and what method of transportation (rental car, taxi, shuttle, train, etc.) is best for each leg of the trip? Our flight arrives at 4:15 PM on a Saturday and leaves at 4:15 PM the following Friday.
May 15th, 2011, 06:41 AM

Link to ground transport from Buffalo Niagara IA to the Falls-
http://www.buffaloairport.com/GroundTransportation.asp
The Amtrak Maple Leaf is going over the border about the time you are landing so you will have to find another way over the border to your Niagara Falls Ontario hotel.
Address for the airport is 4200 Genesee St. Cheektowaga, NY
The Buffalo-Depew Amtrak station is closer to the airport than the BFX Buffalo Exchange Street station.
Do your research on rental cars whether you want to rent at the airport or at the Falls and on which side of the border.
Some rental car companies do not want you to cross the border with their cars. I have crossed the border on the train here but many years ago. Check amtrak.com
May 15th, 2011, 08:23 AM

While you're in Niagara Falls I suggest a short drive to Niagara on the Lake which is loaded with shops, restaurants and wineries. Where are you staying in Buffalo? Do you need restaurant suggestions or ideas on what to see?

Search this Thread