Reload this Page >

Need help for things to do in Tampa?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Tara

My family and I are going to Tampa in a couple of weeks. We have four children and we are planning on going to Busch Gardens. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what we can do. The children are ages 14,11,10,8. Would dog races be fun to watch, we have never been?

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Kristi

There's Adventure Island, a water park right around the corner from Busch Gardens. I haven't been there in a long time, but they have lots of flumes, a wave pool, etc. Also, if your family likes baseball, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays play at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, right across the bay. Sorry, don't know about the dog races.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 07:27 PM
Sal

Tara,

Minors are not allowed to attend greyhound racing, but there are plenty of other things to keep you busy.
I would plan on spending a few hours at the Florida Aquarium in downtown Tampa. Adventure Island, the waterpark next to Busch Gardens, is a lot of fun. Also in the Busch Gardens area is the Museum of Science and Industry, which has an IMAX theater.
Lowry Park Zoo is fun, but go in the morning before it gets too hot. They have a great manatee exhibit. I don't know if the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center has any children's programs on Saturdays. If they do, they're always excellent. If you're shoppers, the best malls are Citrus Park Town Center and Westshore Plaza. Old Hyde Park has lots of fun shops and restaurants.

Across the Bay in St. Petersburg you can visit the Pier downtown or the new Baywalk which has a huge multiplex cinema. Clearwater beach is very nice. If you like Museums, try the Dali or Museum of Fine Arts. If you're baseball fans, check to see if the Devil Rays are in town.

Hope you have a great visit.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 05:45 AM
L

A suggestion: look at the map, and you'll see something interesting to do a short drive to the west of Tampa ... actually why most people probably travel to that area .... GULF BEACHES. Try Treasure Island ... a lot of public access, and even a public area to change in and use restrooms at about 104th Avenue and Gulf Blvd. ... ask anyone for directions. This beach was rebuilt in 2000 and is quite nice, white and soft. The water should be just right! Enjoy. In your shoes, I wouldn't take four kids to attractions every day ... at least one of them may need to blow it out a little, and the beach is THE place.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 06:17 AM
SharonM

You and the kids might enjoy the Salvador Dali Museum, just across the bridge in St. Petersburg!
(http://www.sptimes.com/tampabaycom/d...useumdali.html)