I am planning a trip to Alaska July or August 2012 and need advice, please!
I am a middle-aged woman, who will be traveling solo. I'd like to spend a week (Sa-Sa, probably). What I want to do is fish (charter/party boat, but riverside fishing would be great, too), light hiking, a glacier boat tour, and perhaps some kayaking, as well as general sightseeing a driving around.
A friend advises Seward, but I've found nice places to stay in Homer and Whittier. I would prefer to have one location as my "base" for the duration of the trip, either at a upscale hotel or condo/vacation home rental.
Is any one of these locations better than the other for meeting all this criteria? I will be flying into Anchorage and renting a car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1800:681:72O8 installation CONTACT CANON Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 INDUSTRIAL PLUMBING
- 3 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 4 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 5 Family winter holiday
- 6 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 7 NY theater district restaurant
- 8 Trip to Cali
- 9 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 10 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 11 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 12 Big Sur weather in early December
- 13 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 14 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 15 Our next summer trip
- 16 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 17 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 18 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 19 Dulles to BWI
- 20 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 21 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 22 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 23 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 24 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 25 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!