Need help choosing lodging near Notre Dame

Old Jan 8th, 2004, 08:23 PM
mma
Original Poster

Need help choosing lodging near Notre Dame

Hello everyone! I need your advice again. We will be visiting Notre Dame in April and staying two nights. I'm looking for clean, reasonable lodging for our family of four. After checking the AAA book, I was thinking of either the Fairfield Inn or the Best Western in Mishawaka ( which I am told is the next town over). We will have a rental car and prefer queen beds. Breakfast included is also nice! What do you think of these two? I'm open to any suggestions as we have never been out there. Thank you all in advance for your help!
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 08:31 PM

We've stayed at the Best Western Mishawaka for swim meets, soccer tournaments, etc - the springhill suites and marriott courtyard are also in mishawaka I believe, close to the campus and quite nice. All of these are reasonably priced, include breakfast and have smallish indoor pools.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 07:49 PM
mma
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 04:57 AM

There is a hotel located on campus, called the Morris Inn, which is nice and has two indoor pools. It is an advantage to be on campus. Doubles start at $128 including breakfast. Take a look at http://www.morrisinn.com/

Go Irish!
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 06:06 AM

I am originally from Mishawaka/S.Bend and stay in a hotel when I go home to visit during the holidays. One of the best hotels that I have stayed in for my purposed is either Studio Plus or the Extended Stay (both owned by the same company). Unlike these properties in other cities, they are brand spankin' new and both include a little kitchen with microwave and fridge. Any of the hotels that travelocity or orbitz give you with a search for mishawaka should all be clean and new since these have all been built in the last 5 years.

You can get reservations at studio or extended by going to their website at studioplus.com - sign up for their road warriors and get 15% discount - beware that all of the hotels will be very expensive during the Notre Dame Games!
Good Luck!