Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Need Directions!! West Palm Airport to Marriott Ocean Pointe, Singer Island!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/need-directions-west-palm-airport-to-marriott-ocean-pointe-singer-island-273194/)

Michelle Nov 14th, 2002 10:30 AM

Need Directions!! West Palm Airport to Marriott Ocean Pointe, Singer Island!!!

I need help with directions b/c I always get lost!! Arriving West Palm airport mid Dec, picking up rental car &amp; heading to Marriott's Ocean Pointe on Singer Island. Can someone please give me very detailed &quot;can't mess up&quot; directions on how to get from the airport to Marriott Ocean Pointe??? If there are several ways to get there I would prefer the easiest way even if it takes longer. <BR>Thanks!

xx Nov 14th, 2002 10:35 AM

mapquest.com

Howard Nov 14th, 2002 11:07 AM

Have you thought of asking the hotel to email or fax directions?

Debbie Nov 14th, 2002 11:40 AM

Follow airport signs to I95N. <BR>Take 95N to Blue Heron Blvd exit, <BR>go right (east) <BR>follow for several miles. <BR>You'll go over a bridge and road will eventually bend and run along the beach (think there's a Day's Inn at the curve) follow that til you get to the Marriott. <BR><BR>BTW, Double check directions w/hotel. I used to live in PB Co. but moved and don't want to get you messed up.

MIchelle Nov 14th, 2002 05:44 PM

Went to Mapquest &amp; got confused! Tells me to go TOWARD airport! I am leaving airport! Why do I want to go Toward it??? Mapquest says to go to Turnage Blvd then LEFT onto Australian Ave then Turn RIGHT onto Belvedere Rd. Merge onto I-95 North. Help! Am I going to get lost again???<BR>Perhaps somebody who has recently driven from West Palm Airport to Marriott Ocean Pointe can help me???<BR>Thanks! Michelle

Anthony Nov 14th, 2002 05:49 PM

As copied from Marriott's website:<BR>Map &amp; nearby airports<BR>Marriott's Ocean Pointe<BR>71 Ocean Avenue<BR>Palm Beach Shores, FL 33404<BR>USA<BR>Phone: 1 561-882-3000<BR>Fax: 1 561-882-3001<BR> <BR> <BR>Click on the map to zoom in/zoom out &gt;&gt; <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> Let us help you with ... <BR> <BR> Driving instructions &gt;&gt; <BR> <BR> Business and attraction locations &gt;&gt; <BR> <BR> Area airports &gt;&gt; <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> Area Airports <BR> <BR>Palm Beach - PBI (15 mi SW) From the Florida Turnpike: Take Exit 109 (PGA Boulevard) east and continue for approximately 4 miles to US 1. Cross US 1, which becomes A1A, and continue for 5 miles to Lake Drive (4th traffic signal). Turn left and proceed to the end of Lake Drive. Bear left onto Inlet Way. Go to South Ocean Avenue and turn left. The resort is approximately 1/8 of a mile on the right.<BR><BR>Fort Lauderdale - FLL (50 mi E) From Interstate 95: Take Exit 57A (PGA Boulevard) east and continue for approximately 2 miles to US 1. Cross US 1, which becomes A1A, and continue for 5 miles to Lake Drive (4th traffic signal). Turn left and proceed to the end of Lake Drive. Bear left onto Inlet Way. Go to South Ocean Avenue and turn left. The resort is approximately 1/8 of a mile on the right.<BR><BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR><BR><BR> <BR>

Michelle Nov 14th, 2002 06:11 PM

So....do I take Blue Heron or PGA Blvd??? Which is easier? (Not shorter, easier!)I arrive late @ night &amp; just want to make this as easy as possible.<BR>Thanks! Michelle<BR>

Michelle Nov 15th, 2002 08:16 AM

ttt

stopit Nov 15th, 2002 08:20 AM

Michelle, please stay home since you are totally clueless.

Paul Nov 15th, 2002 08:35 AM

You cross the Blue Heron Bridge, Michelle. There is the Crab Pot restaurant right under the bridge that has very casual outdoor dining and some mighty fine deep-fried shrimp!<BR><BR>Happy Trails,<BR>Paul

xxx Nov 15th, 2002 08:40 AM

Can you find the airport in your hometown?

Michelle Nov 15th, 2002 08:45 AM

No! But my driver can!