need advice for place to eat in natchez

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Natchez this weekend and looking for a place to eat with great food. Never been to Natchez before so we are open to anything.
Thanks
Missy
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 05:30 AM
cd

tissm
We are going the Natchez in May and have never been there before so sorry I can't help with restaurants, but I was wondering where you are staying? I don't want to make reservations because we are driving the Natchez Trace Parkway and don't know how long that will take us (want to stop whenever we feel like it) But I would like a list of places to stay once we arrive.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 05:31 AM

We were in Natchez last month. It was suggested by our hotel the Monmouth Plantation to eat at the restaurant at Stanton Hall. I can't think of the name right now. It's supposed to have good reviews but I have to say it was not that great. One thing they did say when we told them back at the hotel that we didn't care for it was that they have a different chef in the winter. So you may have a different experience. We did have lunch in the blues restaurant downtown and it was very good.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 07:13 AM

There is an Italian Restaurant in town called Pearl Street Pasta. Very good. You may want to try Mammy's Cupboard for lunch. Owned by John Grisham's mother.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 06:33 AM

We just returned from 4 days in Natchez. Dunleith Plantation (restaurant is the Castle ) was wonderful. Stanton Hall is for "ladies lunch" but they do have the MOST wonderful biscuits and fried chicken. Do NOT go to Magnolia Grill - took 2 hours and a table that arrived after we did was served before we were and we (4) only had burgers and poor boys! We had reservations - my brother went the day before and it took 2 hours for him as well. Center City Bistro has good food (Greek). The gas light dinner at Monmouth Plantation was good but long (2 hours). I hear King's Tavern is good. We also ate at Cock of the Walk - fried catfish was good. Have a great time!
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 09:49 AM

CD
Just returned from Natchez. You might want to call ahead for reservations depending on the time of year you are traveling. There are several inns and B & B's from which to chose. Our family stayed at the Historic Natchez Inn and we stayed at Monmouth Plantation. Both were wonderful. The Eola Hotel in downtown Natchez is ok - very small rooms but nice employees. The more popular places are often fully booked on the weekends.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 11:04 AM
cd

Thanks BKelly, to call ahead is good advice. Glad you had a good time.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 02:45 PM

For casual food we ate in the blues restaurant downtown. We also stopped in Mammy's good homestyle cooking. The restaurant is small but they are very efficent and move the crowd out quickly so if you have to wait it shouldn't be long. Another night we ate at the Castle part of our party was satisfied but others not. We were told they have several chefs and we have been there on an off night.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 03:36 PM

I didn't think that Stanton Hall was that great. We liked the restaurant at Dunleith.