Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guy, I've been in Phoenix for over 1 month and a half now just for summer intership. Before my internship ends, I really want to make a trip to Sedona and Grand Canyon (just myself) . Can you guys give me some advices on planning the trip? I would love to go see lots of good views up to Grand Canyon and also I would love to visit Havasu Fall too.

Thank you.
Old Jul 28th, 2017, 03:25 AM

You can not visit Sedona and Havasu Falls on a three day trip. Just seeing the latter on a three day trip would be REALLY pushing it, as getting to the reservation is a one-day hike in itself. And you can't stay there, as the campground is already fully booked for the entire year.
https://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/havasupai.htm

So just see the highlights of Sedona on one day, view The Canyon from the top on the second day, and do a one-day hike down into The Canyon on the third day.

If you mean you have three total days, including travel days between Phoenix and The Canyon, then just drive to the latter and enjoy one good day there. Get a glimpse of Sedona on the way back.
Old Jul 28th, 2017, 01:51 PM

PaulRabe has stated the reality of the situation. It is important to spend at least one night at The Grand Canyon so you will be there before day-trippers arrive in the morning and after they leave in the evening. It is a very different place when the huge crowds aren't there.

HTtY