Reload this Page >

Need a romantic restaurant in NYC!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 08:07 PM
MBN

My husband and I are heading up to NYC (from Dallas) next weekend, and we're trying to find a good restaurant to celebrate our 1st Valentine's Day (albeit a week late!) as man and wife. I've been to NYC tons of times, but mostly on business. I've been to Balthazar twice, so that's out. We're staying at the Paramount on 46th, right near Times Square. Distance isn't an issue. We're looking for something in the $20-$30 per entree range, funky, romantic, but not too romantic and FUN too! Any suggestions???? Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 08:30 PM
sonia

please tell me how you liked Balthazar.
Expensive? Worth it?

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 11:14 AM
MBN

I definitely liked it....and thought it was well worth it, if you can get reservations. The food is incredible and the service is also good. It does get a bit noisy and crowded, so it's not the best place for quiet, romantic dinner. But, it's definitely a place to go at least once.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Merilee

Some that come to mind are Josephine's on West 42nd Street, Jezebel's on 9th Avenue, One if by Land, Two if by Sea, and the River Cafe, which is under the Brooklyn Bridge and where they servce a chocolate dessert that resembles the bridge...Josephine's (French) is owned and managed by Josephine Baker's son and Jezebel's Southern) is supposed to resemble a New Orleans bordello.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Howard

I would strongly recommend Chez Josephine (that's the correct name) on 42nd Street, west of 9th Avenue. Call immediately for reservations. You might already be too late. 212-594-1925

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 04:18 PM
lp

My husband and I were just in the city this weekend and we ate dinner at Lattanzi's on 46th street. It was wonderful, romantic, great food and great location. It is an Italian restaurant and the service was great. I would highly recommend it. There was another cute looking Italian restaurant across the street named La Stanza Verde that looked nice, too. Hope the info helps.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 04:37 PM
patty

We've loved March (a townhouse on the east side) and Verbena (around 15th St) for romantic dinners.