Reload this Page >

Need a resort in or near Ashville, N.c.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 05:37 PM
jan

I am in charge of planning a meeting for 20-25 for fall of 2001. Can anyone recommend a great resort. Thanks jwg

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 05:15 AM
DOH

Have you tried the Grove Park Inn?
It's a bit pricey, but if it is being paid for by your company, then you don't have to worry I guess.
I'll try to think of some other places as well. Have you thought about maybe renting a large cabin?

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 06:35 AM
mmm

Try ashevillechamber.org. There's info on conference planning, hotels, a fall leaf report, and other info from their chamber of commerce.

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 07:40 AM
jan

DOH & mmm, Thanks for your prompt replies. I will check into the Grove Park Inn as well as the Chamber of Commerce. The idea of a large cabin would be fun but probably not workable in this case. Our group is about 20 members and most bring their spouses. We also need a meeting room with audio capablities, etc. We meet several times a year in dif. locations around the US. I have never been to North Carolina myself so I am just starting to try to get ideas concerning lodging, restaurants and activities for the afternoons and evenings. Any ideas are helpful at this point. Thanks again. jwg

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 07:42 AM
DOH

Also try www.visitnc.com

That is a helpful site in finding a hotel. I know there is a new hotel being built on the Biltmore grounds...I don't know if it is open or not yet, but that might be another place to try. Let us know where you decide!