Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need a recommendation for a kid-friendly Boston hotel.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Sandy

This would be my first trip to Boston, so a location within walking distance to area attractions would be ideal. My kids will be 1 1/2 and 3 when we travel, so larger rooms or suite-type accomodations would be great. We are planning to travel in September and will only be in Boston for 2 nights.

My first choice is the Four Seasons. Great location, they are wonderful with kids, but would love some other suggestions in order make a more well-informed decision. Even though FS is expensive, we thought since we will only be there a couple of nights we might be able to swing it. Is is worth the $$$? Any other less-expensive suggestions?

We are thinking of trying the Duck-Tour since it seems it would appeal to the kids. Any advice on what to see, where to eat and stay with the kids would be great.

P.s. I did a search with "Boston kids" and didn't get anything back.
Thanks for any feedback.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 02:01 AM
Jen

Fodors in its wisdom has set up its search so that if you type in two words, it treats them as a phrase rather then looking for posts that merely contain both words separately. (For example, if you do a search that says new city, you will NOT get the posts that talk about New York City.) Do a search for Boston and then scan the posts, there have been plenty of discussions about kids recently.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 02:03 AM
Donna F

It's been a long time since we visited Boston with a small child but I would agree that a duck tour would be a fun outing for both of you. Have you checked the Children's Museum? I seem to recall that years ago when we visited there was an area that was restricted to very young children. If your children are early risers, make sure breakfast is available at an early hour. Hope you have a great trip.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Sandy

Jen,
Thanks for the tip. I thought it was a little odd that no info. came up.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:54 PM
just a thought

Sandy, you may want to try Cardinal Law's residence for some ideas. Sure they'd be glad to find someone to "watch" the kiddies.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Shannon

Four Seasons is definitely worth the money. If you can afford it, stay there.