Reload this Page >

need a moderate price hotel in Northern VA near the Metro line

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Nat

I will be traveling with a group of children to Washington DC this May. Does anyone know of a moderate priced hotel in Northern VA near the Metro line?

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Maureen

Do you know how to do a web search for the multitude of online hotel booking sites with maps and recommendations? Ask the children for assistance.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Tony

Many of the hotels in Northern VA tend to be clustered around the Metro stations (especially Crystal City and Roslyn).

The Marriots in Crystal City and Roslyn are right on top of the Metro.

I, however, would not recommend that you stay in either area. There are few attractions for the group to walk to on their down-times (I assume that you'll be busing or taking the metro to the main sites).

Put simply it is worth the money to stay in a nice area of DC.

-Tony

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Joe

Holiday Inn, Arlington, on Fairfax Drive. Four blocks to Metro. Lots of families/tourists.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Mike

My family went to Washington last spring and stayed at the Embassy Suites hotel in Alexandria. It is RIGHT across the street from the King Street Metro. The hotel was great - nice rooms, free full breakfast (with everything!) and free appetizers and alcoholic/nonalcoholic drinks in the early evening. We had a great time!

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 10:10 AM
ann

Mike's recommendation to stay in Old Town Alexandria is a good one. The hotels in Arlington (Rosslyn, Courthouse, Ballston) are close to metro stops, but they're in primarily residential neighborhoods. Old Town is a nice area to visit in its own right.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 02:53 PM
Natalie

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll look into the Alexandria area.