Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need a Meeting Place on Hwy.140 Just Before Entering Yosemite

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 07:19 PM
John

Hi, We'll be caravaning from the Bay Area and taking Hwy.140 into Yosemite. In case we get split up, I'd like to plan on meeting somewhere before entering the park. We plan on being in that area around 10AM so a breakfast place would be nice. Even if it's a fast food stop (potty and coffee and probably gas), I'd like it to be recognizable by all. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 07:51 PM
xxx

John must have small children. Rarely do you hear a grown man refer to a bathroom stop as a potty stop.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:44 PM
John

Yes, I have small children AND I'm a grown man. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 03:48 PM
utahtea

Hi John,

You might meet in Mariposa. Once you leave there I doubt you will get split up because it's only a two lane road into the park from there.

Since we have a motorhome so we don't eat out and don't have to worry about going to the bathroom but here's a list of restaurants in Mariposa. There's a Burger King.

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?&&city=Mariposa&state=CA&country=us&msa=0000&slt=37.485088&sln=-119.965569&cs=4&stp=y&stx=8903827

There are a few other places before the entrance but I don't think there are any other fast food places.

Have a good trip!

Utahtea

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 03:49 PM
utahtea

I just read you need a gas place to. Mariposa is going to be your cheapest gas before going into the park.

Also there are NO gas stations in Yosemite Valley.

Utahtea

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:52 PM
John

Utahtea, Perfect and thank you. I didn't even think to use the Yellow Pages. Great tool for next time. Thanks for your help. Boy, I thought when I made reservations last spring that going in September would be chilly. But, with the kind of weather we're having here in the Bay Area, I'd better rethink my packing! Again, thank you.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 06:26 PM
utahtea

John,

You better pack for all kinds of weather! I know it's HOT today but it's suppose to cool down a lot this week.

Utahtea

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 10:43 PM
Mike

The Cedar Lodge in El Portal
has a coffee shop, resturant, bathrooms
and gas on 140, 15 miles from the
entrance to Yosemite.