We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our next summer trip
- 2 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 3 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 6 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 9 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 10 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 11 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 12 Muir Woods - new rules
- 13 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 14 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 15 Padre Islands
- 16 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 17 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 18 NASHVILLE
- 19 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 20 4 days in San Diego
- 21 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 22 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 23 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 24 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 25 Galveston