Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need a hotel suggestion close to Camby, Indiana.

Mar 14th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Hi.

It looks like Camby is near the Indianapolis Airport. This will be a quick trip; in one day and out the next for a funeral in Camby. I need sugggestions for a hotel in the area.

Are there any hotels near the airport that would be convienent to Camby? I may or may not have a car.

Thanks!
Mar 14th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Mar 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM

My condolences on your loss.

Camby is close to the new I-70 exit to the new airport terminal. Unfortunately it’s so new there really aren’t any hotels at that intersection. Most of the hotels are clustered to the northwest around the entrance to the old terminal at I-465 and the Sam Jones Expressway (formerly the Airport Expressway.)

In that area I’d avoid the Adams Mark hotel. It’s been on the auction block for years and just continues to get more run down. The better options are the Marriott properties: Courtyard and Residence Inn. The hotel newly remodeled into a Hyatt Place should be nice too. The Crowne Plaza at the old terminal gets good reviews, the Radisson next door gets mixed reviews.

Honestly I’ve never stayed at any of these hotels. The airport is less than 10 miles from downtown. Most people stay there rather than at the airport.
Mar 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM

I checked to be sure. hilton.com says there is a Hampton Inn at the new exit to the airport. The hotel has to be fairly new as the exit is only a couple of years old.
Mar 14th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks around! I will look into staying downtown as well as out at the airport. Do you know if Frontier uses the old or the new terminal? They have the lowest fares, so I will probably be flying them.
Mar 14th, 2009, 03:50 PM

Hi iamq. I just flew out of there a couple weeks ago. Tres confusing, as my GPS kept trying to take me to the old place! Frontier is flying there...have you checked SWA? Looks like there are a few places near Plainfield as well. One of the advantages of NOT staying in the city is that you won't have to deal with any traffic if you stay to the southwest where the airport is. It's a gorgeous airport...one of my friends did all the glass in there- imported some from Germany; really nice.
Mar 14th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Linda. I haven't even thought to check SWA. I will check them this evening.
Mar 14th, 2009, 05:22 PM

iamq there is no "old" terminal now. All passenger service is now in the "new" terminal.