Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Neah Bay, Bullman Beach Inn. Great getaway on the Olympic Peninsula
Notices

Neah Bay, Bullman Beach Inn. Great getaway on the Olympic Peninsula

Aug 9th, 2014, 08:44 PM
pdx
Original Poster

Neah Bay, Bullman Beach Inn. Great getaway on the Olympic Peninsula

Stayed at the Bullman Beach Inn in Neah Bay, WA on the Olympic Peninsula for three days and highly recommend it for anyone up for a drive and a low-key getaway. I guess you can crank it up and make it a more high-keyed adventure but it worked for my friend and I to be mellow.
I think all the rooms have two twin beds. Ours was a mini-apartment with a nice little kitchen and living room. $100/night. The hotel is beach front, no street to cross and has a great rock-hunting beach. We picked up all the good rocks so the pickings are slim at this point. The beach is on the Juan de Fuca Strait across from Vancouver Island. There is a grill in the yard and a picnic table, and you can build a fire on the beach if you have an urge. There is a well stocked store in town, no alcohol, it's a dry reservation town, but we came prepared and the hotel is actually outside the city limits. There is a $10 reservation-use fee you need to buy and hang on your rear view mirror.
http://bullmanbeach.com
Nearby is Cape Flattery, the NW corner of the continental U.S. and a lovely 1/2 mile hike to the observation point. Absolutely lovely, especially on the sunny day we were there.
http://northolympic.com/files/capefl...ail/cape1.html
There are a few restaurants but we ate in everyday. We did buy smoked salmon from Take Home Fish Company, which is a guy hanging out in his garage. I used it for scrambled eggs in the morning and a potato, asparagus, capers, salmon, onion and mustard vinaigrette dish, plus we snacked on it a number of times straight out of the package.
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/take-...4D-t6lhH5lpVEQ
Aug 10th, 2014, 01:11 PM

Hi pdx,

Thanks for the information on Neah Bay.

I'll have to include on our next trip to the Olympic Peninsula.
Aug 10th, 2014, 07:33 PM

Thanks so much for your review. Do you think Neah Bay would be possible as a day trip from Lake Cresent?
Aug 10th, 2014, 08:55 PM
pdx
Original Poster

Images - I happen to know it's doable because we were halfway up Lake Crescent when we realized we had overshot our turn off for Neah Bay. It's just an hour and a half of a nice drive.
Aug 11th, 2014, 12:15 PM
mms

We up there quite a bit. Not to that Inn, but to hike and fish and camp Glad you enjoyed it!

wekewoody--Shoot me an email if you need
Aug 11th, 2014, 02:54 PM

Thanks! I didn't go to Neah Bay last year, but hoping to go this October.

Search this Thread