Search

NC in February

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Grace

NC in February

My husband and I will be visiting NC around the middle of February, staying in Charlotte. We would need to know if there is any area to avoid staying in or which hotel is a good choice to visit the historic district (something like La Quinta). We are thinking of renting a car and drive to Asheville and the Blue Ridge parkway, do you think we'll need an SUV (icy roads)?

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Gretchen

I suggest you stay in the South Park area--nice hotels, restaurants, shopping. You will need to rent a car in Charlotte--it is not a walking city. It is unlikely you will need a SUV to go to Asheville-we have just had our snow for the decade!! Hotels in the South Park area are The Park, Hyatt, Hampton Inn, Guest Suites. Hope you enjoy Charlotte.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Grace

Thanks, Gretchen!! It was exactly what we needed to know.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Dan

won't require an SUV but I recommend it for viewing the countryside. South Park is the right place to go. Try the Sunday Brunch at the Park Hotel even if you don't stay there.

PS: There really isn't a historic district.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:16 PM
danna

You won't need the SUV because if the roads are icy/snowy, the Park Service will close that section of the Parkway. But, chances are good that you will have nice weather.