Notices

Navarre Beach for a wedding?

Jul 4th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Navarre Beach for a wedding?

I really want to get married on the beach. Our date is June 12, 2012, and I was wanting to stay on the gulf side. Three years ago my family and I stayed in Destin/Fort Walton area. Destin was beautiful and I loved it, but I think it may be too much for a wedding. I have recently chosen Navarre Beach for my wedding. My problem is I can't find many good websites that gives me info on it. Is Navarre a quiet, romantic, family-oriented area? We will have a lot of family members attending and staying for the week as well. I just need some more facts, opinions, or just any info anyone may have!?
Sep 15th, 2011, 06:10 AM

Have you considered Anna Maria Island? It is beautiful and quite low key with lovely beaches and an "islandy" feel.
Sep 30th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Kristan,

I live on the other end of the Island at Pensacola Beach. Navarre is quieter (less built-up, touristy) than our end. Which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on what you're looking to do.

It is family oriented and, to me, anywhere on the Island is romantic. My daughter was married in front of a private home here on our end (soon to be 11 years ago - yikes!) just at sunset and it was absolutely beautiful.

Early June is usually not too hot - though it can be on any given day. And it's so early in hurricane season that the likelihood of a tropical mess ruining your day is pretty low. But, it can rain any day, so have a back-up location in mind just in case.

I can offer you some specifics if you can give me a better idea of what you and your family will be looking to do. Also, it isn't a horrible drive from that end, to our end, all is along the Gulf, so it's doable to drive down here for more options regarding restaurants, etc.

Let me know if I can help you out with anything. And congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Search this Thread