Reload this Page >

Navarre Beach details

Search

Navarre Beach details

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2001, 11:43 AM
leigh

Navarre Beach details

We are thinking of vacationing in Navarre Beach, FL this year, have never been but have read many good things about it on this website. One question I did not see addressed: is there any difference between the north side and the gulf side in terms of quality of beaches, clear water, etc?

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Cher

We are visiting Pensacola Beach for the fourth time this summer. Pensacola Beach is located at the opposite end of the barrier island from Navarre. We've never stayed in Navarre, but have driven through it each time we are down there. I assume that by the north side, you mean the side that faces Santa Rosa Sound. Personally, I'd prefer the Gulf side. I think you'll enjoy the area. If you go, don't miss driving between PB and Navarre--the Gulf Islands Natl. Seashore is great. Also, don't miss Pensacola NAS, home of the Blue Angels. If you make your trip in the middle of July, the "Blues" will be performing at PB.

Old May 7th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Jeannie

If you do mean the Sound, then yes, there is a big difference. The water in the Sound is not as clear as the Gulf of Mexico. You will not find wide, sandy beaaches on the Sound side. The Gulf will be a lot rougher, and you will have better breezes. The advantage of staying on the Sound is you can anchor or dock a boat right on the Sound, but that would be impossible on the Gulf side.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 10:20 AM
Amy

Hey Leigh,

Realize it has been a while since your post and hope you find this helpful. I have to agree with Jeannie, but we stay on the Sound side every year (11 yrs now) and walk across the road to the Gulf. This is only a problem if you have little ones and have to carry a bunch of stuff to the beach. We also find the Sound side to be more quiet at night. The better hotels are Gulf side.

Hope you have a great time

Old May 22nd, 2002, 01:55 PM
lee

I am confused with gulf side and north side. What would Dune Allen beach be?Thanks

Old May 24th, 2002, 02:10 PM
native son

Lee:

A lot of the time, north and south side (when speaking of properties in the Destin/South Walton County area) indicate whether or not you have to cross the street to get to the beach. Properties south of Old Hwy 98 and south of County Road 30-A are on the beach or are beach side. Properties located to the north mean you have to cross the street or travel some distance to get to the beach.

Dune-Allen is a section of beach in South Walton County on County Road 30-A. It lies to the north and south of 30-A. For properties in that area, go to: www.dune-allenrealty.com

Old May 24th, 2002, 02:46 PM
lee

Thanks for reply, I finally get it! Are you familiar with the Inn at Gulf Place in Santa Rosa Beach. How would this compare to Beach Street Cottages in Destin?