Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Nashville - tours or guide suggestion
Notices

Nashville - tours or guide suggestion

Sep 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Nashville - tours or guide suggestion

I will be traveling through Tennessee and have one full day in Nashville. I would like to see the "sights" but need guidance as to whether to try a tour or perhaps hire a guide for one day.

Some of the "tours" I have seen have you sitting on a bus for three hours and looking at celebrity homes. Not really what I am looking for. Any suggestions?
Sep 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Haven't been able to go on this one yet but have always wanted to - a little out of the ordinary bus tour.

http://www.nashtrash.com/index.html
Sep 6th, 2011, 06:19 PM

I've always wanted to do the Nash Trash tours also, but it's always sold out! So they must be doing something right. On one trip to Nashville, we did do Tommy's Tour and it was pretty entertaining and not terribly expensive.

http://www.tommystours.com/
Sep 6th, 2011, 06:28 PM

There's lots to do in Nashville without taking a tour. We especially liked the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum, Ryman Auditorium, Grand Ole Opry show and backstage tour. We downloaded a walking tour of DT Nashville, which we really enjoyed.

The Partenon, State Capitol, State Museum, Bicentennial Park, Belle Meade, Cheekwood.

If you do a little reading, you'll be able to fogure out what things most interest you and plan your own day.

Search this Thread