Notices

Nashville Hotel Help

May 8th, 2002, 09:11 AM
d21015

Nashville Hotel Help

I'll be in Nashville in August--looking for a hotel that is within walking distance of tourist attractions, shops, restaurants, etc. Due to the need to meet available work budget--currently looking at the Sheraton, 623 Union ST and the Courtyard Marriott, 170 4th AVE. Any recommendations on either hotel, area, etc.?

May 8th, 2002, 10:29 AM
dee

Many of the major tourist attractions are near the river in downtown Nashville. 4th Ave. would be closer to this area than the Sheraton (near 7th).I am not a big country music fan; however it is always fun to be around 2nd Ave.There are lots of music venues, restaurants, shops, etc. where you can experience the "flavor" of Nashville.Anything else will require a car (unless you have time to do a bus tour). There are several Nashville posters who offer great advice on attractions and restaurants. Let us know your interests and I am sure you will receive more info. One thing we will all agree on-it is very hot and humid in August!

May 8th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Cathie

The Hilton Suites on 4th Ave. is the newest hotel downtown..real close to everything.
There is also the Renaissance Hotel on Commerce St.(right next to the convention center), the Doubletree on 4th ave and the Wyndham Union Station (this is a pretty good walk from downtown - but is neat since it use to be an old train station).
I prob. would do the Hilton Suites on 4th ave. since it is only a couple years old and really close to everything.
Demos is my favorite rest. downtown but there a tons of others.

Search this Thread