Naples Hotels

Sep 23rd, 1999, 12:16 PM
Jeff

Naples Hotels

My family (2 kids, 12 and 10) is from British Columbia, Canada and will be in Florida in early November this year. We will spend 3 nights in Naples and could really use some advice on where to stay. Our dollar exchange is terrible and the air fare is a killer, so we are trying to economize on accommodation.

We just bought a Entertainment Guide. It has a couple hotels in the Naples area. With the 50% off they advertise, one is worth considering. It is the Hampton Hotel. I think the price should work out to about $45/night (assuming it is the deal the Entertainment Guide claims).

Attached are two Maps. There is the Naples Inn and Suites where we are booked and the Hampton Inn. With the coupon the Hampton is a bit cheaper. Also AAA rates it 3 diamonds and the Naples Inn and Suites as 2 diamonds. My question for you is which is a better location? If you have heard of the hotels, which of these is better? Is proximity to Waterside shops/beaches/restaurants and issue?. By the way, both hotels have continental breakfast.

Your advice is very valuable since it may help us avoid a disappointment. If there are any really good deals on other Naples hotels you can recommend, please mention them.

Sep 24th, 1999, 12:59 AM
Dii

Hi Jeff...We stayed at the Naples Inn & suites and had a bad experience - rooms left a lot to be desired and our "suite" was not my idea of a suite. Very small and place just looked well worn. We tried to move to the Hampton but it was totally full so can't give you any info on that but can't be worse than the Naples Inn & Suites. Location for both is about the same. We enjoyed Naples a lot and hope you do too. Last trip we stayed at the Ritz Carlton and loved that, but price is steep.!!

Sep 27th, 1999, 06:27 AM
tammy

Hi Jeff and family,
We were in Naples this past March and stayed at the LaPlaya Beach Resort. It is a wonderful family place and it had an entertainment rate. I am not familiar with the two hotels you mentioned, but wanted to let you know about the LaPlaya. It has just recently been renovated and it was very clean and beautiful. They have live music in the evenings at their beachside restaurants and there is a large lawn area next to the beach for the kids to run around and volleyball on the beach. You can sit and wait for the sunsets and they are spectacular. Be sure and eat at the Sea Witch restaurant. It was great seafood. Hope this helps. Naples is a wonderful place.

Search this Thread